snowhound

Front axle needed

snowhound

I picked up a C145 with a loader but it has a broken left front axle.  I thought I could just take one form a C111 that I but found that the broken one is a heavy duty which is longer than a standard one.  Does anyone have a left heavy duty front axle to sell?

Ed

snowhound

OK  I just received an email that said the heavy duty axle is 1" in dia.  The axle that I need is 3/4" dia. and 5" long.

Ed

KATO

Here's a link to what should be your spindle, it is available new still

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchresults.cfm?cx=008737122150761418589%3Ac24nnqwh7co&cof=FORID%3A11&q=105968&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

or you could try one of our vendors for a used one

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/92-vendors/

MalMac

What's broke is not the axel, what's broke is the spindle. You have a heavy duty spindle that was put on tractors that loaders were put on. They were an option that was recommended when a loader was used. Finding one is gonna be tough. You might have to take it to a fab shop and let them replicate it. You could convert it over to 520h steering but that would entail switching the whole steering system. Very costly too. I am not saying you won't find a replacement but it will be a chalange.

KATO

The heavy duty spindles were 1 inch if yours is 3/4 inch then it is standard and easy to find.

It is longer because they switched  to wider rims and tires.

MalMac

The HD spindle kit that was offered had the Spindles in it and rims. The kit was to be used on a standard front axel. The spindles are 3/4. They are basicaly like the standard spindle except they have a brace welded on the bend to help keep it from flexing. They are just a tad longer because the rim is just a little wider to accept bigger bearings. wheels012_zps5d81b40a.jpg

• Like 2

KATO

OK then :text-imsorry:  my bad :hide:

snowhound

Thanks for all of the replies, I'll take a look at the right spindle to see if it is a heavy duty and go from there.

Ed

876wheelhorse

i need 2 axles with spindles i want to make a 4 wheel wagon anyone have 2 pm me