gsummers

Snowblower

gsummers

Hi all, I just found a blower for my 1990 312H on ebay. It is at a Cub dealership about 1/2 hour from me, looks to be in very nice condition, they are asking $325.00. It sounds like a good deal to me, what do you all think. I will offer them a fair price and see what they say, not a lot of market anymore for a blower to fit a 24 year old tractor, what is it worth?

Thanks

• Like 1

Hossenfeffa

I just bought one for my 312 for $100. After many hours wire brushing,scraping, four cans of  paint (10 dollars each), two idler pulleys ( twenty some dollars each), one drive pulley,( 32 dollars), one chute cable (12 dollars), two chute clamps (15 a piece)...... You get the picture. There may not be that big of a demand where you are at, however, these are not all that easy to find anymore. If it is in good condition, as in attach it and run it, it's worth the money

boovuc

If the blower is a tall-chute blower and all the hardware is with it, it may not be a bad deal from a dealer.

Rideking

I paid 250 for mine a put another 100 or so in new bearings and rebuild - but blowers are pretty rare here in Missouri so I figured it was worth it.

gsummers

Went this morning and got the blower, except for some surface rust it looks almost new, the chain still has paint on it, sprockets have no wear at all. Now for a little wire brushing and some paint, it will look like new. He would not budge on the price.post-12936-0-90943600-1409414740_thumb.jpost-12936-0-53749600-1409414768_thumb.jpost-12936-0-89693400-1409414789_thumb.j

Sparky

The only thing I don't see in your pics is the flag......did you get that? I see the crank handle support and the lift arm.

Those tall chute really throw the snow! You'll love it.

Mike........

gsummers

OK, what is the flag? Hope I didn`t miss something here.

Racinbob

I saw that on ebay. Good for you that he was near you. I think it's a fair price. The flag is the part that slips into the rear of the lift rod and connects to the tractor lift system.

Racinbob

Like this.

post-8408-0-09358400-1409419139.jpg

gsummers

You are right, I did not get that part. I will call him on Tues. morning, I think they have the tractor the blower came off of, they probably did not know about that. Hopefully they will ship it to me, save me a trip back there, about 35 miles away.

shallowwatersailor

I'm not sure if I see the lift arm in the pictures. It looks more like the support for the crank. There should be a tube as well that the flag fits in. In the picture it's behind the front wheel running to the rock shaft.

post-3066-0-28270200-1409526893_thumb.jp

gsummers

Hi shallowwatersailor, yes I did get the lift arm, in the first picture it is sticking down the chute, Thanks for asking about it.

gsummers

Well, I don`t know if the place I got the blower from has the flag, they are going to call me tomorrow, if they don`t have it, does anyone have one for sale?

Forest Road

Ask for a $75 refund. Settle on $50. If you can't find a used one they're easy enough to make.

Hossenfeffa

gsummers, check this info out. This is what the flag looks like.

gsummers

Finally heard back from the dealership today, they looked around and could not find the flag. They said they looked around for a used one and could not find one so they ordered a new one, said it should be there middle of next week. They will let me know as soon as they get it and will ship it to me the same day, Good to know there are still people out there that take their business seriously and care about what they sell. They will be getting a big thanks from me and I will recommend them to everyone.

Sparky

Finally heard back from the dealership today, they looked around and could not find the flag. They said they looked around for a used one and could not find one so they ordered a new one, said it should be there middle of next week. They will let me know as soon as they get it and will ship it to me the same day, Good to know there are still people out there that take their business seriously and care about what they sell. They will be getting a big thanks from me and I will recommend them to everyone.

Sounds like a very reputable dealership. I would definitely do more business with any dealer that treated me like that!

Mike........

Racinbob

That's great news. I'm betting they didn't even realize it wasn't there and to handle it the way they did is commendable. Isn't integrity wonderful? :thumbs:

gsummers

Received the new flag for my blower today, the Cub dealership sent it to me at no charge, now that is a great place. Also it has the eyebolt and spring, I have the hydro and have heard that the spring is not needed, will it hurt or help if I install it anyway?

Racinbob

It won't matter either way. It helps with a manual lift but I never installed one on mine.

boovuc

I would remember to go back to that dealer for anything he may sell that you could use. That was damn decent of them to do that for you!

Forest Road

It's not worth installing the spring on a hydro. Two stage blower also uses a spring. I don't bother with that either.

jackhammer

Help needed

gsummers  - not trying to hi-jack your thread but I'm looking for answers

Help needed concerning the spring --

Can anyone tell me if I should use a spring to the snow blower on an electric lift with my '89  312 - 8 ??   :scratchead:  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Appreciate any help with this

Edited by jackhammer

ThreeHorses

I think the spring is still a good idea even with the hydro lift.

Takes a lot of strain off the rockshaft, etc.

The hydro lift doesn't have any problem lifting it, but easier to break something.

The spring on a manual lift makes the blower easier to lift than my snow blade.

jackhammer

thanks ThreeHorses