ep103

Need Wheel Horse Help

ep103

Hello all, I need some guidance here, I just acquired a 1994 Toro Wheel Hose Model 266H, Toro model number is 72083, Ser.# 4901184. My issue is if I have the brake set in the lock position it leaks fluid, if the brake is released it doesn't leak, does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it I have removed the brake band housing and the brake rotor on the splined shaft but that is as far as I have gotten, I can see when the brake is locked down it is leaking from behind the brake rotor, of course when I disassemble it the brake is off and it doesn't leak so I cannot see for sure where it is coming from but can only assume there is a seal on the splined shaft, but can the seal be replaced from the outside or does the hydro need to be disassembled to repair.

gwest_ca

You may find the answer in this manual

Garry

ep103

Garry: Thank you for the manual, it will come in very handy trying to nurse this old girl back to heath..

gwest_ca

Here is a different manual

Appears the brake shaft in this one is called a motor shaft.

Garry

ep103

Thanks Garry, that was very informative..

ep103

Thanks to the help of Garry, I discovered there was a seal in the splined shaft for the brakes causing the hydro leak when the brake was locked down, and also I finally got the drive belt changed, ( what a job ) now I am in need of more help, which I may have overlooked but thus far have not found in the manual. when I push the foot pedal forward or in reverse it does not return when released it keeps going and I have to use my foot to moved to pedal back to neutral, can anyone tell me is there a spring somewhere that is suppose to pull it back to the neutral position or do I need to adjust something..

1994 Toro Wheel Hose Model 266H, Toro model number is 72083, Ser.# 4901184.

gwest_ca

Tractor service manual

Page 3-16 has a bit on the adjustments.

Operator manual - shows where you lubricate the shaft the pedal pivots on.

Looks like it should spring back to neutral.

Go to 

https://lookup3.toro.com/partdex/index.cfm?xCaller=Toro

and enter your 72083 model number. Open the Assembly drawings and then open the page named "N-Centering".(About 2/3 of the way down) Looks like that is neutral centering. Shows the parts involved.

Garry

ep103

Ok, I will check them out, thank you for that information..