Hodge71

Electric Clutch Parts Breakdown

Hodge71

I have read every electric clutch manual in the manuals section. I still can't seem to find a parts breakdown for the  1 1/8" electric clutch used on the Kohler big blocks. I purchased a clutch and it seems to be missing parts. The clutches I currently own have a decent amount of spring engagement to them. In other words it seems as if theres a spring /springs that holds the faces apart until you flip the switch and cause the field to energize and engage the clutch. Just trying to find if theres springs missing before this finds its permanent home on the Onan powered 416 Im building for Dad. I took the manual clutch off tonight with some help from my lil guy and profit the electric. All fits and lines up good. Just need to be sure the parts are all there after I blast it and paint it black. Any help would be great. Even if somebody has a jumper apart and can take some pics to help me finish the puzzle....Thanks 

oldredrider

From what I see on mine, there is just the 3 "leaf" type springs that keep it separated until you give it the juice.

The separation is only about 1/16" when clutch is off.

Hodge71

Thanks Paul. I had a sneaking suspicion something was missing. Where do those springs reside? I had the coil out of mine and theres no springs there. Any chance there in the back half of the clutch?