Jrblanke

Horse wants to gallop without being told....

Jrblanke

I have an 876 that I just got running. Having never used an older hydro, I might be experiencing normal behavior, but I thought I would check on here to see.

I noticed that if i push the control lever so that the tractor is moving forward and then let go, the tractor will automaticly accellorate to full speed. It will do this no matter if I am going 1/4 speed or 3/4 speed. It will always want to accellorate to full speed.  I feel like I am having to hold it back the entire time I mow.

Is that normal or is there something wrong? I have to be absolutely sure it is in neutural or else it will take off.

oldredrider

James, that horse is broke in the wrong kinda way! You probably need to tighten up the friction disc. If you have the manual, it explains how to do it.

• Like 1

Jrblanke

I hear ya! When I was cutting grass I was reminded of when my sister took riding lessons. They always told her not to run back to the barn because that is a bad habit for the horse to have.

By the way, I cut the grass with one of the 3 decks you sold me!

• Like 1

oneroadkingman

thats pretty good to know. so far my hydros are working just fine ,but my 8 speed is a little different .when u put it in say 2nd gear in high range it slowly grabs and then takes off.if u let out the clutch quickly it seams to be fine or not as noticable.the first thing i did was to put another spring on the clutch side to make the pedal release faster and it works fine for a while. while cutting the grass it was working and then it started acting up again .by acting up i mean that its like letting out the clucch slowly until its fully released.any idea what is going on.thanks.