Geno

Tractor seats

Geno

Where are you guys getting seats for your :wh: ?  Not looking for fancy or original, I need quite a few and looking for a good deal somewhere.  :)

AMC RULES

rmaynard

Northern Tool. They have the Michigan Seat mid-back, which is identical to the original Wheel Horse mid-back without the logo. Right now it is on sale.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_7687_7687

• Like 2

WheelHorse79

I have that one on my C-101.  Looks good and is good quality.  Highly recommended as a reasonably priced replacement seat.

post-8950-0-84730500-1408926625.jpg

rmaynard

And it is currently only $39.00. Plus here is a code to enter at checkout for an additional $5.00 off.

Martin

thanks for the head up Bob on the v3500 seats. I love these seats for the 60s and 70s tractors, been holding off on getting a couple more to replace two ripped, uncomfortable ones (same seats) normally they are near $60 each  with shipping. just purchased 2 for $88 with shipping using your code. thank you!!!!

they are on backorder though, must be popular with the sale.....

Edited by Martin

pacer

The seat Bob showed is on back order, so I moved up to this one for $10 more, looks like a nice one and I used the $5 off code, with shipping was $60.98. Got a gazillion mounting holes should adapt to our mounts...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200315471_200315471

11987_700x700.jpg

Martin

one thing to keep in mind since pacer just mentioned multiple seat mounting dimensions is not all seats have the later 7.5" x 8" wh bolt pattern.

the 90s tractors i have are all that pattern and its harder to find seats with that pattern.

the older 7" x 7.5" is easier to find.......

the seat that i mentioned above and that Bob put a link for (V-3500) doesn't have the 7.5" x 8" pattern, only the earlier 7" x 7.5" for our tractors. this isn't a problem if you are looking for a seat for the 60-80s tractors with the early seat spring bolt pattern.

Edited by Martin
  • Like 1

Geno

Gotta find something cheaper than those cause I need about 15 of them now and more in the future.  :eusa-doh:   I sent off a few emails to some sources in China through Alibaba and I'll see what I get back tomorrow. 

squonk

If you want a cheaper seat don't plan on much seat time. A real cheap seat won't have much padding in the Fitz M'Tush area. 

• Like 2

Martin

i think having to buy 15 seats is a tall order in anyones book. why not just get a few at a time and when funds allow buy a few more? if you get 15 cheap seats for 15 tractors you will have 15 tractors that are uncomfortable and not one will you want to spend any time on.

are you buying seats just so each tractor has a 'new' seat on it to look at, or are you buying seats to make them more enjoyable to ride?

comfort is what i am after especially for the ones i really want to spend time on.

and while i am always looking for a bargain, the seat i mentioned above is my bare minimum in terms of comfort. the seat i put on my latest 416 was near $100.00 but every time i sit on that seat, i don't feel like i ever want to get off it. the bare minimum seat, I'm done within 20 minutes........

that v-3500 seat is a bargain right now at $34.00 (with shipping 1 is $44.00) the more you buy the more break you get on shipping, that deal would be hard for me to pass up.

Edited by Martin
  • Like 2

Geno

Most of these tractors are getting all of their maintenance done, paint, and everything in working order to be sold with plows + snow blowers this Winter.  I don't have 16 snow plows because I have a plow fetish.  :laughing-rolling:

motox25

Thanks guys for the info, I've been looking for a seat for my 520h since I got it last year. I called my local northern tool and they actually had both seats in stock, I ended up buying the larger seat. It lines up with 2 of the 4 holes but i can drill out 2 holes on the mount to make it work. The $5 off coupon worked as well!

• Like 1