JEGibbs

Now for something fun

Geno

YO GENE,,,dont worry,,,you will be corrected if wrong. and maybe sent to bed with no dinner. lol

Glenn

I got to have my dinner and ice cream!  :icecream:

• Like 1

Geno

How close are the 1054 and 1055? theres's a 1055 local for $250

Not even close.  The 1054 was larger and much heavier, only made in 64 and in 65 as a 1054A.

Theroundhousernr

Lots of room on the GT14. I really like the way I sit on mine. Its a different animal then the C series tractors. It was wheel horses step into bigger estate tractors. Heavy son of a gun. Close to 1000 pounds with out me on it. Then the D series came along to fill that void. Once again most all attachments are different. Only made for about 3 years also. It seems there Is a trend that formed based on wheel horse "bigger" garden tractors. Short production runs upon many models over the years. I guess bigger is not always better......

If you want something " bigger " ( notice the quotes ). Go for a twin cylinder wheel horse or the big 16hp one lunger , whether it be Kohler or Onan. Same ole long frame but bigger grunt under the hood, heavier axles in the rear , different seating arrangement. The 520's newer then 91 would be found with swept forward front axle and heavier 1 inch spindles. See..... "bigger" but not really.

Then again , I have a friend that bought a C81 new, way back when. Mows 20 yards and a ball field with a 48 inch deck for 18 years. He will put that same tractor up against any big twin and out pull you any time. The big twins are wasted HP in his opinion. The gearing on the wheel horse transmission really go along way as far as torq. Only thing you really need the big power for is the big 60 inch deck and the two stage blower.

Sorry for the long post but I guess you can gather. The bigger odd ball series wheel horses where never a big hit due to the market, demand , or whatever. So less parts and a little harder to find attachments for. If you want to pony up the money and go for something like that. By all means post pictures when you pick one up. Plenty of us do. Just keep in mind down time when you need parts a so on... or even better , have a back up for you back up as they say.

As far as the long frame tractors, they where pretty much the same through out the years. Just different tin , motor and transmissions. This is one of my favorite things about wheel horse. I can take an attachment from the late 70's and it will still fit my 1989 520. Very smart business in my opinion.

Rant over

• Like 2

JEGibbs
Theroundhousernr, That is some great info. My little Raider has a 16hp transplant. It's more than enough power. But as with my chopper (I made 7.5" forward controls so I could fit) the little guy is lacking a little in the leg room department. My shin gets abused by the pto engagement lever. I love this little raider, and I love tinkering on it so it's staying. plus the lil woman likes it. I am jsut preping for future purchases. I dont really mind the rareness of a second tractor, I think it'd be fun to have the oddball wheel horses 
  • Like 1

Theroundhousernr

And that is why so many of us own them

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 1

JEGibbs

I quit smoking to save money....... Then I bought a Wheel Horse. I call it transfer of adiction hahaha

• Like 2

LFDRET

a 1055 is not a 1054 in size - the 1055 was a short fram tractor. = I have a 1054 and it is my favorite tractor.

• Like 1

aaubrey96

So my 252-h i would have to guess to be a 200 series but I can't seam to find any information about it like I can the rest of the 200's, why is this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pocketraisins

So my 252-h i would have to guess to be a 200 series but I can't seam to find any information about it like I can the rest of the 200's, why is this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What info are you looking for exactly? All the info listings I have found refer to it as just a 252 and not a 252-H.