JEGibbs

Now for something fun

JEGibbs

Can anyone tell me the tractor models or series in order of size? I would like to buy a bigger tractor in the future and would like to know what to look for. Google hasn't been any help in this.

AMC RULES

boovuc

The largest tractor WH made was the D Series and the biggest of those was the D250 followed by the D200 and D160. The older Auto 18 was also the same size tractor.

JEGibbs

Nice list AMC. Why does it say my raider has an 8 spd? are they counting reverse gears? 

JEGibbs

Do the numbers pretty much line up with the shear size of the tractor? Say a 520 is bigger than a 312-8?

Geno

Nice list AMC. Why does it say my raider has an 8 spd? are they counting reverse gears? 

Yep.  :)

Molon_Labe

Do the numbers pretty much line up with the shear size of the tractor? Say a 520 is bigger than a 312-8?

Tractor number doesn't necessarily relate to size. Another good source of info is Tractor Data.com they list most WH models and can be sorted by HP or year.

Lagersolut

Someone posed a question to me I  couldn't  answer -

Example  C-101 - C-121 ETC

C = series or model

10 = HP

1 ???

What does the 1 correlate to ?

Edited by Lagersolut

Geno

I think it's the transmission type.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  :icecream:

Edited by Geno

oldredrider

The "1" series were made in 1978 and 1979.

JEGibbs

Ok, so what is bigger than the Raiders? Also what series do they fall in? I know they are considered long frame models

Ed Kennell

Someone posed a question to me I  couldn't  answer -

Example  C-101 - C-121 ETC

C = series or model

10 = HP

1 ???

What does the 1 correlate to ?

I believe the 1 indicates the engine is mounted on the anti vibration rocker plate.

SPINJIM

The "1" series has the fuel tank under the rear fender instead of under the hood.   That allows the battery to be mounted high where the gas tank was, and allows more room for anti-vibration engine mount, larger engine, etc.   Also, makes the fuel cut off valve more accessible.

Jim

Edited by spinjim3

userj8670

I to was curious what the Raiders would be considered as. If I had to guess it would be c series? They are the same size right?

boovuc

Size of the engine? Size of the frame? Size as in weight?

The largest "Frame" tractors were the D series and the 18 Auto.

The C series, 300, 400 and some of the 500 series tractors are all the same size. The 500X Series are different designed and much heavier.

Before the nomenclature changed, you had short frame and long frame tractors. The long frames are comparable to the later C-series and this includes the Raiders.

JEGibbs

"Size of the engine? Size of the frame? Size as in weight?"

Size of the tractor. Overall Area the machine takes up. Displacement and weight generally follow along with bigger tractors. 

I'm 6'4" and 250lbs. that's why i'm asking. I feel crampt up on my raider. I need some leg room haha. Ican chew my kneecaps on this thing.

LFDRET

what might help. put a seat mount lift and a set of seat springs from a C- sears tractor. This would make you set up higher and be able to ajust your seat back more. they have them on ebay 

JEGibbs

That sollution doesnt involve buying another wheel horse hahaha. I plan on a new seat setup already. just curious what tractor series to keep an eye out for on craigslist

• Like 1

boovuc

The 500 series and some 400 series have an adjustable seat but it sounds like you want/need a roomier tractor. The D series are bigger but they had their own set of implements that won't fit any of the common C, 300, 400 & 500 series plus the Raiders, etc. They are old and since there were not as many of them made, the parts are a little harder to find and a bit pricier. On the other end of the spectrum are the 520Xi tractors. They are newer, bigger, more powerful, heavier and have more features. But.............like the D series, they have their own implements and since they were not made long at all, they are very difficult to find and much higher in price.

You may want to do a seat pan/seat modification for leg room on your Raider. 

Agage1

I'm 6'2" and my 1054 is my most comfortable Wheelhorse.

• Like 1

Geno

I'm 6' and it's a toss up between the 1054 and the little 68 Lawn Ranger.  Why on Earth does the Lawn ranger have so much legroom?  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Tim

when it comes to size

don't forget about the C195

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I think it's the transmission type.  Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  :icecream:

YO GENE,,,dont worry,,,you will be corrected if wrong. and maybe sent to bed with no dinner. lol

Glenn

• Like 3

JEGibbs

How close are the 1054 and 1055? theres's a 1055 local for $250

JEGibbs

also, where does the gt14 fall in line?