JEGibbs

Kohler k341 crankshaft

JEGibbs

Ok, I have a puzzler. Why would someone turn a crankshaft down  .125" but only out past the clutch plate for the pto? I bought a pto bell and the race was too big. my original race is .125 smaller id than the new one. It looks like someone sleeved the original race to match the new diameter.

WH nut

Sounds like you have a motor with a 1 inch shaft. Is it from a Wheel Horse?

JEGibbs

Its a raider 14. The crank has been turned. It goes back to the 1.125 diameter flush with the clutch plate. What possible thing could have happened to need to turn just that section of crank?

rmaynard

What is the spec number on the engine? Since the Raider 14 is supposed to have a K321, the K341 is a transplant. The spec number should tell you what the engine was originally made for, and that might explain the smaller diameter shaft.

Edited by rmaynard

Don1977

My guess is the PTO sleeve wore out the clips hold it and turned on the crank shaft wear it down. Turning it down and adding another sleeve inside got the PTO pulley back in line with the clutch plate.

JEGibbs

Okay.. So here's the full story. I ordered the bell for a raider 14. My engine shroud says k301, my block says k341. I assumed the k341 was the 14hp. I apologoze for that mix up. (i'm new hahaha) So what is in my tractor?

rmaynard

Count the head bolts. 10 of them means you have a K341. 9 is either a K321, 301, or 241.

JEGibbs

Well how about that  :auto-biker:  How many of you can say you gained 2 hp by counting to 10? :banana-rock:

rmaynard

So you have 10?

JEGibbs

yeah there's 10 bolts. and a k341 cast on the block behind the pto clutch plate