entropy

Seat compression kill switch

entropy

Hi all,

So my 520hc has periodic stall outs and I think it is related to the engine kill switch underneath the seat. Does anyone know the replacement part name or stock number and where to purchase? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave

oneroadkingman

not sure of the part number .to test it un plug the switch and  take i piece of wire 6in.long and and strip the wire on both ends and make a loop conecting the wire to the plug .start up mower and ride around to see if the motor dies.it it does then thats the problem.do not have the deck enguaged while trying this.hope this helps

gwest_ca

Here is your parts list

Seat switch is # 114240 but do as Rick says and make sure the switch is the problem. Sometimes a good cleaning and adjustment is all they need.

Garry

entropy

Nix that.....so it appears that once it is running and gets warmed up it cuts out. Backfires and seems flooded. Must be a carb problem. With some patience I can get it to start back up but once I give it 50% throttle it dies. Guess I will be pulling carb. Any advice?

Thanks!

Geno

I've argued with the locals for years over this.  The number one thing that causes a backfire is spark at the wrong time, IE the intake valve is open when the spark occurs.  

• Like 1

oneroadkingman

yes i would pull the carb the kit will run u around 15.00 the part #i have is a 25-757-01-s.they are pretty easy to do .i took carb cleaner after it was apart and sprayed all the little orfices and used compressed air to blow it clean and re assemble it .make sure the float is level.that is the short end of it good luck.there is how to rebuild carbs on here some where lol.