oneroadkingman

toro 246h

oneroadkingman

I never heard of that model before. until I was looking in the paper And saw 1for sale was wondering how good of a tractor this was in what year was it made.

Racinbob

I'd say it's a step above the big box stuff. 16hp B&S vertical engine. I'm not sure of the years. It's a decent machine but a lawn tractor rather than a garden tractor. They made snow blades for them but with the transaxle being what it is I would stick to lighter snows.

KATO

made in 1992 only model number= 42-16BE01

Kelly

Been mowing with this one for a few years, good mower but not a garden tractor.

100_3007.jpg

oneroadkingman

Thanks for the reply.how much is a starter for one of these. Do u think 300.00 is to much for for this needing a starter.

Kelly

I would not pay $300 with out hearing it run or checking the trans, the one I posted a pic of I paid $150 for it, but did put another $150 in it a used elect clutch, a New PTO switch, and a tube in the tire.  

oneroadkingman

thanks for the information they told me It needed a starter for sure. so I will not be able to hear it run unless I can get it started somehow.

oneroadkingman

Thanks Kato for the info.I emailed to see which engine it had on it. I'm not even sure.

SousaKerry

The tractors were also made for Ford/New Holland as well, not sure on the model numbers but they were made for more years as Fords then as Wheel Horse.

oneroadkingman

is there possibly a way that I can get this thing started and test it out by bypassing something short of replacing a starter. I just wanted to see if hydro is in working order And that the electric clutch and deck bearings are not bad . even though I know the starter is bad.

SousaKerry

You could always jumper cable right to the starter, many times I have seen people claim the starter is bad when it is just an electrical problem or the battery as no good. 

You could always jumper cable right to the starter, many times I have seen people claim the starter is bad when it is just an electrical problem or the battery as no good. 

Kristi M Mitzel

hi my name is Kristi and I'm having trouble hooking my soliod.to my toro wheel horse work horse ,I was wondering if you have a diagram for me to help me,,,,thank you

Donald Wilcox

I am trying to find a owner or repair manual for my 246h, model #4216BE01, s/n 2001053

gwest_ca
25 minutes ago, Donald Wilcox said:

I am trying to find a owner or repair manual for my 246h, model #4216BE01, s/n 2001053

Welcome to the forum.

Operator manual

Engine service manual is available from B&S

We should also have a transmission service manual if needed.

Garry