kudzu3

NEED FLANGED BUSHINGS

kudzu3

Looking for the flanged bushings for clutch engagement rod, part # 7879, # 14-94 0n the toro master parts viewer. Need two, but can make it work with one. Thanks.

squonk

You can still get them from Toro but not cheap. I just replaced 2 and need 4 more .

I'm looking for another source

baerpath

bought bronze flanged bushings at ACE hardware. For the pedals but they had other sizes

• Like 2

kudzu3

Squonk, if you find a source, please let me know,thanks

Shuboxlover

I may have some....let me look

GDSX2

Google them they are $9.82 online I have 5 but would want the same price the are nos out of a old dealers parts I bought

squonk

I checked with McMaster -Carr and measured the 1 new one I have left. Seems to be an oddball size. If McMaster doesn't have it might be tough to find any at another supplier

Martin

they turn up on ebay every now and again.there is a listing now 2 for $15 free ship, not as cheap as i have found them though.

kudzu3

Wow, toro is really proud of those things. I really need these before I can proceed with my build. I checked ebay and can't find any. Thanks all.

GDSX2

What model tractor are you working on

Martin

Just looked and they are still there.......

search wheelhorse 7879.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kudzu3

Thanks folks...I made one. A friend gave me a brass bushing much too large, but the center was the correct diameter. I chucked it in a drill with a rag wrapped around a large drill bit to keep it tight and used a file and sandpaper to shape it, turned out perfect. I appreciate all the help.

• Like 1

Trouty56

If these are those 1/2 ID...9/16 OD or whatever...I used a 5/8 OD and drilled the holes out to fit...works and much cheaper....

• Like 2

squonk

That's not a bad idea Bob. A 5/8 bit would be about as much as a bushing from Toro. Prolly a couple of bucks more and you'll have 4 bushings

Tankman

The thrust washers are excellent quality and various thicknesses. I use 'em on my front axles.  :)

Edited by Tankman

squonk

That's a good site but the size needed is not listed. I have 1 new 7879 here and I measured an ID of .498 or 1/2" and an OD of .56. Their smallest OD is for 1/2" is .62 which is 5/8' which is what I'm finding everywhere

Wayne

I was looking through the hardware bins at TSC, and found they carry several different sizes

MikesRJ

They say necessity is the mother of invention, and I will freely admit that this one falls under the heading of; "dumb things you figure out while restoring old tractors". While pulling the tractor apart I noticed that all four flange bushings (2 for the fender pan pivot point, and 2 for the manual PTO handle {WH P/N: 7879} ) were almost completely gone. I figured they were a common part and I'd buy four to replace them and be done with it. Well, they are an available part ... if you want to pay $10 a piece for them at Toro. While looking for a couple of odds and ends at Tractor Supply, I saw these "1/2" Axle Cap Nuts". I knew the inner diameter was 1/2" to accept the 1/2" rod, I could grind off the cap, and those barbs could be moved or ground off, to make the flange bearings I needed. Plus they are exactly the same OD as the pressed holes in the Dashboard Riser and Fender pivot bracket. They worked like a charm and they're only $1.79 per 2 ea. I have included pictures below.

D-2.JPG

D-3.JPG

Note the cap is ground off and the tabs pressed back into the body. I held the cap with a pair of needle nose pliers and used my upright belt/disk sander to grind the cap off.

D-4.JPG

Edited by MikesRJ
  • Like 5

squonk

I'm going to TSC today anyway. Gonna have to pick up a couple of bags. That is if the have them. Drawers are half empty :rolleyes:

• Like 1

AMC RULES
10 packs on Ebay too.  

squonk

Went to TSC. Of course they only had 1 bag. Rest of the drawer was packed full. I also needed 20 3/8 nuts. They had 21 :)

953 nut

Went to TSC. Of course they only had 1 bag. Rest of the drawer was packed full. I also needed 20 3/8 nuts. They had 21 :)

Mike, they had 22 nuts, you were there!                   :ROTF:

• Like 2

squonk

I'm not 3/8' I'm metric :)

• Like 1

MikesRJ

Hmmmmmm