Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Snow plow from a 875

T-Mo

I just saw this on Craig's list - and it's only about 40 miles from my house. One of these days I will be as efficient and knowledgeable on WH's as I'm on JDs, but for now - will it fit my C-141?

Snow Plow for a 875

nylyon

I have no idea it it will fit or not., but is he looking to get $35 for all or just the tractor, or plow?

T-Mo

Karl,

If you have no idea, then I don't feel so stupid about not knowing myself.

As for what $35 buys, I'm not sure on that either. I want to adhere to his wishes and wait until tomorrow to call. Then I will find out if the price includes all or just one or the other.

Rollerman

Well here's the good & the bad..

The Good...for $35 bucks its a steal...I'd buy it anyway!

The Bad...the 875 is a "short frame" tractor...your C141 is a "long frame" tractor and probaly won't fit. :P

The Ugly...buy it anyway & there may be a chance it is a long frame plow frame.

See the long frame plow "A" frames will fit both the long & short frame tractors...but not large frame or the 520 with the forward swept axle.

Now if it's a short frame plow it could be modified to fit if you are handy with a welder or have a friend?

Terry I'd nab it up...you could probably peddle it of for more than that if it's in good shape...I could always use another :D

T-Mo

Stephen,

Thanks for that info. BTW, what identifies the blade as the shorter version or the larger version? What would the dimension be from the front face of the blade to the very back end of the plow blade if it's a large frame one?

Rollerman

I will add a pic here in the morning with some dimensions....it's cold & windy out now & the shops a long 30' walk. :P

There are 3 differant styles...with some variations among them even.

But 1st you have a short frame..this is a true "A" shaped frame.

2nd are the early long frame/large frame plows & are also an "A" shaped frame...but guessing about 10" longer.

3rd you have the later style plow frames that flaten out back towards the axle mount...like someone took the letter "A" & bent the ends together.

They also have 2 holes at the ends of the "A" frame to be able to use it on both short & long frames...by moveing the mount bar up into the "A" frame you shorten the plow up to work on a short frame.

I'll add some pics tommorrow with some differant mounts too so ID is easy :D

T-Mo

Thanks, Stephen. I got an email back from him and he told me to call about noon today. So, unless I'm busy, I will give him a call then.

T-Mo

I got bad news and I got bad news: The $35 price tag was for the plow only, and did not include the 875. Which was still a good price for the plow. But, armed with Stephen's and others dimensions and descriptions, I called the guy and had him measured the plow. 56 inches from the pivot bolt to the hitch pin. :D I don't have a welder so I passed on it. Oh well, at least I didn't waste $20 in gas going to see it.

Rollerman

Okay but don't be mad when you stumble in to a deal on a cherry Wheel Horse short frame without a snow plow :D

T-Mo

Now, you going to get me thinking, and probably, in trouble from the wife. :D

Rollerman

Thats when you tell her like "Jay" has wrote down....Honey that doesn't count...it's a parts tractor. :D

WheelHorse_of_course

It wouldn't hurt to call the guy back and ask if there is a second hole where the pin could be moved to.

If so it should fit and work, but you'd probably need to remove the lever and use manual angling (e.g. use your hand on the triangle piece to release the blade).

This is how I used my plow last year on my CHarger (essentially the same as a C-120). This year I have it one the short frame 854. I had to move the pin to the forward location. The bonus is that now the lever has the proper clearance so I put it back on.

Frankly, for $35 buy it and it should be no problem for find someone willing to trade!

Have fun :D

T-Mo

WOC,

I actually thought of calling him to see the plow for myself. Maybe I could get my buddy to weld the extra length in the worst case scenario. He also has several cast iron engines laying around. Maybe I can buy the 875 he has and get an engine from him for it.