km3h

I bought these from one of the venders up here. Seems most of the guys are buying them from him. Where do you get the self stick thingy's you are talking about.

Geno

Seems Bob has the original stuff. 

km3h

Got the matts on the floor boards and then mounted them. I used Locktight Spray on cement. Worked good but I had to mask off the parts the matts did not cover.

Also wrapped up some of the small stuff. Gages are hooked up and working. Checked the light circuit it works. I am somewhat surprised that the electronics are all working with no need to trouble shoot anything. Had to make a loop to circumvent the motion safety switch. Can't figure how to use it with the foot pedal. Waiting for some hardware to finish buttoning things up.

One thing I learned on this project is to make a space for everything and then keep everything there. I spend half my time looking for parts.

post-2564-0-64302300-1413248024_thumb.jppost-2564-0-45085900-1413248037_thumb.jp

• Like 1

cleat

Nice mats, I used 3M spray adhesive on mine. Seems to be holding.

I also could not figure out a way to keep the safety switch after installing the foot pedal. Not really a big deal I guess since it automatically returns to neutral anyways.

If you were really safety conscious however, you could make it so the parking brake had to be on for the starter to activate since this will hold the tractor and also locks it into neutral position.

Cleat

• Like 1

km3h

Nice mats, I used 3M spray adhesive on mine. Seems to be holding.

I also could not figure out a way to keep the safety switch after installing the foot pedal. Not really a big deal I guess since it automatically returns to neutral anyways.

If you were really safety conscious however, you could make it so the parking brake had to be on for the starter to activate since this will hold the tractor and also locks it into neutral position.

Cleat

I am in the habit of always using the parking brake when I stop the tractor or get out of my car so I am not too concerned about it. I am pleased with the way the mats look. They are an exact duplicate of the mats that are on my 417-A. Looks like Wheel horse used all sorts of mats over the years.

Geno

Those mats look really good on there.  Glad you found a good way to mount them.  :)

• Like 1

km3h

Had some good shop time today and got a lot done. Should I say I am almost finished. Tomorrow The only thing left to do is put the seat on and finish hooking up the lights. Have to get some male plug in inserts to finish the lights. I am very pleased with the way this turned out and really proud of the work I did. Nu first restore and it looks like a winner to me. Still have some decals to add. Will do that tomorrow also then take a tour of the neighborhood. If you look in the background of some of the photos, you can see the new Deestones for the rear . I need to paint the wheels and let them sit for a while before I install them.

post-2564-0-07674100-1413682897_thumb.jppost-2564-0-94799800-1413682910_thumb.jppost-2564-0-08106600-1413682927_thumb.jppost-2564-0-79833900-1413682940_thumb.jppost-2564-0-66238200-1413682951_thumb.jppost-2564-0-78700900-1413682970_thumb.jppost-2564-0-33486700-1413682994_thumb.jppost-2564-0-53332700-1413683010_thumb.jp

Edited by km3h
  • Like 4

km3h

By the way, The two best improvements to this tractor are the motion foot pedal and the thrust bearings I added to the front steering spindles. This thing steers like it has power steering. No joke, I really mean it. Cost less than $20.00.  

• Like 1

Geno

Looks great Nick, I'm gonna try the thrust bearing thing.   :text-+1:

• Like 1

KyBlue

Looks beautiful to me!

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Looks great! Nice work.

• Like 1

Ken B

I read thru your entire thread yesterday while on lunch and to say I'm impressed would be an understatement! Very nice thorough work you do there. 

I see you are a fan of the God Father. I have all of them on hand on VCR tape, I bought them from a Video store going out of Biz many moons ago. I must have watched them a million times and I've read the book a half dozen times... BEST movie (and book) EVER made bar none..

km3h

Thanks to all of you who have commented on this endeavor. I really enjoyed this project, While I still have a few small things to finish, the results have amazed me. I have started several of these projects, but never followed through before. I have a 417-H disassembled and will start that next. When I bought hardware for this one I bought enough to do several more so I won't have to do a lot of searching for that kind of stuff now.

As for the Godfather, my all time favorite movie and I have the complete set also on DVD. I also read the book several times.

There are two members, Geno and Martin, I would like to thank for their help and encouragement. Martin, who did an exceptional restoration recently, which I followed anxiously, showed me it could be done. He also, by demonstration, became a teacher of sorts. If I asked him a question, he was quick to respond and offer any advice he could. I literally picked his brain.

Geno and I have became friends and his advice was also a great help to me. I had the pleasure of meeting him this past week, when he and his wife came east to ravage the area of Wheel Horse equipment. He is the real deal and I have made a friend for life.

The folks on this forum are the best. Everyone pitches in, to support the others, any way they can. If you have a problem all you have to do is ask. Someone will solve it for you.

• Like 3

Geno

I've enjoyed this and learned from you as well Nick.  I have also found a new friend.  Thanks for starting this thread.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

Martin

It's been a pleasure to journey along with you on your 416 resto, Nick. Looking forward to the 417 thread.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

km3h

Received the new tag for the rear fender today from Terry. He does a great job on these things. All I have to do is peal and stick.

post-2564-0-11975900-1419269983_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Looking good Nick! Any finished pictures yet with the rims painted, tires shined, pto installed?

km3h

No I have not put the wheels on yet. I did get them blasted and primed and ready for painting.

• Like 1