Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

Racinbob

Well, for some reason I didn't think bringing Northwestern up would be in my best interest this year. :roll::)

• Like 3

stevasaurus

OK...how is this for logic??/  Notre Dame shuts out Michigan...Northwestern beats Notre Dame...Illinois Beats Northwestern......soooooo...Illinois beats Michigan!!! 

:happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor:

• Like 4

JimD

You still haven't been to bed have you? :ROTF:

• Like 4

squonk

He sleeps hanging upside down in a closet in his basement!  :ROTF:

• Like 4

JimD

I have pictures.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:wwp:

• Like 1

Brrly1

This has got to be wild, especially since Craig is posting in here!!!! YIKES!! :hide:  :laughing-rofl:  :ychain:

• Like 4

illinilefttackle

:scratchead:  I would think that a team would want to win and beat another team when they are at their BEST but then there are some teams that can only win that way I guess.  :ychain:   Feeling good this year and thumping your chest over a win over Michigan when they are at their worst well if that makes a team feel good great!  :)   Ohio thanks for putting the final Nail in Brady's Coffin. :handgestures-thumbup:   Brady is a fine man I like him as a person, and he would make a good defensive Coordinator (If he would learn to wear a headset)  but he is way over his head as a head coach for the winningest team and largest stage in all of College Football. They have a lot of talent on the team, they will no doubt get a talented head coach that can develop these players into their full potential. Until then the lowly teams can have their fun enjoy it while you can.

Ohio Congratulation's on the win, It came at a cost however. Without your regular QB you will have a tuff time the rest of the season and from what I have heard it will be questionable for a final four consideration from what the announcers have said tonight.

Steve Congratulation's on the Top Picks I guess a Squirrel can find a nutt every now and then just ask Chuck.  :eusa-whistle:

"THERE ARE TEAMS THAT CAN ONLY WIN THAT WAY, I GUESS" & " UNTIL THEN, THE LOWLY TEAMS"-----

You know......I'm speechless, words fail me right now...Al

• Like 1

jackhammer

Edited by jackhammer

AJ_Thanatos

Wait a second.....  :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Who is AJ and what is this jamboree he is having?? 

stevasaurus

JimD...sending you my PM for the championship games.  :)

AJ...here is the link from the show last year...about 1 hour west of me...

Hey Al...do you believe that arrogant guy from Michigan??   :ychain:   It is like they have to win every game because they have the largest stadium.  :bow-blue:    I think Brady Hoke did a good enough job to have another year.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

JimD

You know, it occurs to me that every year each of the Big 10 Universities put forth their best team for that particular season. Everyone knows these things change over a period of years. It also occurs to me that no matter what there are some folks who can't accept defeat and have to put a derogatory "spin" on the rest of the conference in a sad effort to try and save face. I wonder how many of those people ever played football in the Big 10 or on the college level at all. :eusa-whistle:  I know I sure didn't and that's what keeps me humble as I sit relaxing on Saturday and watch "those who can, play".

And Steve, you already sent me your official selection via pm. :coffee:

• Like 3

AJ_Thanatos

I think you're worthy of the elite position Steve. Just knock on the basement door and we'll let you down. :)

Oh yeah. Hey AJ!!! Nice try in your attempt to get to the donuts but you under estimated the talent a couple of us have in picking the teams. :ychain:

I tried like hell to get down there with a fellow Irish fan. I felt like I had to mimic the Irish in the last half and the only way to guarantee that I would fall fast was to not pick at all. 

• Like 2

stevasaurus

JimD...I did??/  OH OH...who did I pick...No No, don't tell me.  Did anyone else pick yet??  :)

• Like 1

squonk

JimD...sending you my PM for the championship games.  :)

AJ...here is the link from the show last year...about 1 hour west of me...

Hey Al...do you believe that arrogant guy from Michigan??   :ychain:   It is like they have to win every game because they have the largest stadium.  :bow-blue:    I think Brady Hoke did a good enough job to have another year.  :)

The largest stadium holds the most ________________ (fill in the blank)!!  :)  :)

• Like 3

squonk

JimD...I did??/  OH OH...who did I pick...No No, don't tell me.  Did anyone else pick yet??  :)

Last I knew you picked the Packers to win the Super Bowl !  :)  :)

7051049901avatar_zpsm9ff0pwj.gif B2DiOmBIAAMsUc2_zps95a80e32.jpg

• Like 1

Racinbob

The largest stadium holds the most ________________ (fill in the blank)!!  :)  :)

Donuts? :confusion-shrug:

• Like 3

JimD

I think it's important here to understand that football is a game. And while in the B1G there are proud traditions and fierce rivalries, none bigger than Ohio State vs. Michigan, it's also important to realize there is more to it than winning, and bragging, and slamming each others teams. There's sportsmanship and human compassion.

I want to direct your attention to a moment in last Saturday's Ohio State and Michigan game when sportsmanship and human compassion was displayed at it's very best in a tragic moment in one young man's college career. Please take a moment to click the link and read the short story you will find there.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/michigan-ohio-state-devin-gardner-jt-barrett-letter-sportsmanship-thanks-wolverines-buckeyes-120314?cmpid=tsmfb%3Afscom%3Afoxsports

A picture truly is worth a thousand words..

Edited by JimD
  • Like 2

RMCIII

You know, it occurs to me that every year each of the Big 10 Universities put forth their best team for that particular season. Everyone knows these things change over a period of years. It also occurs to me that no matter what there are some folks who can't accept defeat and have to put a derogatory "spin" on the rest of the conference in a sad effort to try and save face. I wonder how many of those people ever played football in the Big 10 or on the college level at all. :eusa-whistle:  I know I sure didn't and that's what keeps me humble as I sit relaxing on Saturday and watch "those who can, play".

And Steve, you already sent me your official selection via pm. :coffee:

I did. Semi-pro, over seas. Then came back to the states tried out for arena football. Dallas Texas. Missed the team by 1 cut. then turned my full attention to bodybuilding and the possibility of professional wrestling. All that aside, when the Big 10 is talked about today, it is still compared to yester-years. At 1 time Michigan and Ohio State were the only teams you hoped to get picked up by, and there is 1 other team worth mentioning. The Irish! THAT was a LONG time ago. Even before I was born. SEC was not even in the hunt. The Rose Bowl use to be the Grand Daddy of them all. The only 2 conferences to be eligible was the Big 10 and Pac 10. I am sure everyone in here knows all this.

I don't see what others mention as trying to save face. As I have always said, it is about being consistent. I could care less what team wins, JUST WIN the darn games you are supposed to win. Then maybe the Big 10 could earn back some of the lost respect from yester-year when they were a power house. When 1 year it may have been Penn St., another year it might have been Michigan, the following year possibly Ohio State. Heck, if Iowa was able to put together a team that dominated, I'd pick them, but the conference has lost much of its strength, or I should say, recruiting abilities, because of just that. Inconsistent. End of story. If I were a young senior in high school once again, Big 10 would not be a school I would hope to be recruited by first. They would be a second choice or 3rd choice. That being said, I do see hope in the sky!

Ohio State had a Heisman QB candidate. He got injured, then Ohio State produces another Heisman QB candidate.... < That has never been done before in the history of NCAA football. That in itself is truly amazing. That helps the Big 10 to gain it strength with young recruits. I am not talking about get 1 or 2 top high school recruits. I am talking about getting strength in the conference because it is a conference they want to go to. Then, along with solid coaching, will we start to see once again a conference that is able to WIN consistently.

In the end Jim, it is a game. A game of life, if you have played the game. It does bring out the best and worst, in people. The worst that I saw, was the start of what NFL is today. In 1988 a rookie burst on the scene, from UNLV - Ickey Woods. The famous, or in my opinion, the selfish dance, in the end zone. As they say, the rest is history. NFL and all sports after that began to grow with a "what about me" ego. Ask Walter if he were still alive. Did you ever think of degrading other team members by doing a dance in their end zone, or taking a ball and running to the 50 yard line and placing in on the 50 then standing on the ball as if you were king?  < But this gets into a much deeper topic. Regardless, college sports, is a way to fund college schools year after year.... Wait, that is a whole different topic also. Where am I going with this? Jim was only mentioning some of the comments in the thread. For me, my comments come from experience, love of a game that has lost its respect at the professional level, and just general good fun. As I mentioned football is about life. Life is a game, it is meant to be played. Played with honor and respect of other players, regardless of race, color, religion. In the end, we all have 1 goal, or should have, to win. And help as many along the way to see what the real meaning of winning means. Very few every achieve this goal. WOW, what a rant... Sorry. Just my 2 cents.

Rob

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

JimD

You DO like to ramble.. :ychain:

• Like 1

Brrly1

Just took phone off charger, after reading Rob's post I've got to put it back on. Battery at 50%. Lol

• Like 5

AJ_Thanatos

You DO like to ramble.. :ychain:

Wait like Zeppelin? if so that awesome!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Brrly1

Alrighty then, I guess I might as well be the bearer of Bad news well at least for the "Fighting Illini". It looks like someone is possibly sitting at home and they are saying possibly Illinois maybe without a bowl game. That's what I was reading this morning. They said Penn State is also 6-6 and with them being banned from bowls for three years they will probably get the nod. Toledo had a good record at 7-5 last year and didn't go bowling. Speaking of which the MAC championship is on tonight to get you warmed up for Championship weekend. Bowling Green ve NIU repeat of last year but I look forward to a great game. Maybe next year for the Hawkeyes, losing a few starters but hopefully everyone stays out of trouble and safe, there's always next year!!

post-45-0-52195000-1417790560.jpg

stevasaurus

Yes, I know that it is a possibility that the "Fighting Illini" may not get a bowl bid.  That would be a shame, because they had some good wins at the end of the season.  It is what it is.  :)

RMCIII

:popcorn:  :coffee:  :confusion-waiting: