Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

papaglide

Ok. I must thank Steve first for reminding me. Thank you Steve. Secondly, do I list my picks like Steve asked or do I do it like Rob and others have? Hmmmm. I never like being told what to do so with that in mind..

Minnesota, WSU, MSU, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State.

Steve, only because you reminded me!

• Like 4

HorseFixer

No need for you guys to get scared and nervous! :ychain:  The Dukes in the House  :handgestures-thumbupright:

MINNESOTA  -  WASHINGTON ST.  -   MICHIGAN ST.  -  ILLINOIS  -   IOWA  -  NEBRASKA  -  NORTHWESTERN  -  WESTERN MICHIGAN   -  LSU  -  INDIANA  -  MARYLAND  -  MICHIGAN  -  OHIO  -  PENN ST.

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

A.J. needs skype. Poor guy is probably kicking himself for getting in here. :ROTF:

My pocket book and these Horses is the only thing kicking me lately[emoji14] Its worth it!
  • Like 1

squonk

keep-calm-and-squonk-on-2.png

THAT MAKES SCENTS!!! OR IS IT SINCE OR CENTS! I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused: 

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Don't know how many of you guys watched the Rutgers/Washington St. game last night.  Rutgers won in a high scoring, back and forth game.  I think Rutgers went to a bowl game last year...they are for real.  I personally welcome any team to the Big Ten that can beat a Pac 12 team.  It is going to be hard to pick the Rutgers games this year.  :)

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Don't know how many of you guys watched the Rutgers/Washington St. game last night.  Rutgers won in a high scoring, back and forth game.  I think Rutgers went to a bowl game last year...they are for real.  I personally welcome any team to the Big Ten that can beat a Pac 12 team.  It is going to be hard to pick the Rutgers games this year.  :)

Always Always pick Rutgers!  :woohoo:

• Like 1

Brrly1

I watched the game also, it's very true on picking against them its gonna be difficult

Racinbob

Check list for today's game:

Wings and drummies

Taco dip and chips

Bacon wrapped onion rings

Bacon wrapped asparagus

Beer

Frozen Mudslides

We're ready :banana-tux:

• Like 3

AJ_Thanatos

Check list for today's game:

Wings and drummies

Taco dip and chips

Bacon wrapped onion rings

Bacon wrapped asparagus

Beer

Frozen Mudslides

We're ready :banana-tux:

Sounds good.. I'm on my way! [emoji14]

bitten

OK I am late and will have to take the early games as losses. Thank you Steve for reminding me. 

I will take the B10 in all of todays games.

I would like all the B10 teams to win this week but cant help wanting Appalachian St. to have a good game. I think this is a michagan team that is well past that happening but..

And as always GO BUCKEYES

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Bitten...welcome to the party...we are all going to RacinBob's today to watch the games.  :)

I'll tell you what...I'll just give you the 2 losses for Thursday's games.  Everyone picked Michigan St. to win yesterday and I know you would have also.  I don't think anyone would argue with that..  :)

RacinBob.. sweet corn (steamed in the husk) and pork chops on the grill...homemade, re fried bean dip, salsa, nacho cheese dip and nacho chips...home made Margarita's.  Kick off in less then 1 hour.  :woohoo:

• Like 2

AJ_Thanatos

Bitten...welcome to the party...we are all going to RacinBob's today to watch the games. :)

I'll tell you what...I'll just give you the 2 losses for Thursday's games. Everyone picked Michigan St. to win yesterday and I know you would have also. I don't think anyone would argue with that.. :)

RacinBob.. sweet corn (steamed in the husk) and pork chops on the grill...homemade, re fried bean dip, salsa, nacho cheese dip and nacho chips...home made Margarita's. Kick off in less then 1 hour. :woohoo:

Not sure where Racinbob lives but I don't think I can make it in an hour.. However I prefer a fat filet.[emoji13]

Racinbob

:orcs-cheers:

Well AJ, if you can cover 1100 miles in an hour you can make it.

Steve, probably my all time favorite...sweet corn steamed in the husk. Think of the feast if a bunch of us could get together for these games. :handgestures-thumbsup:

Enjoy the games everybody!

AJ_Thanatos

Don't forget the shrimp and potatoes on the grill... All this talk, I think I'm about to fire up the grill..

squonk

I'm just leaving to have some ribs along Cayuga Lake's western shore! Enjoy the Games!  :orcs-cheers:  :beer: 

post-2380-0-35550800-1409418327.gif

post-2380-0-92210800-1409424836_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-59180700-1409424863_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

Brrly1

:laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl:

bitten

northwestern was a thorn in my picks last year and looks like they are trying to be again this year. 

Brrly1

Where's the score keeper? He must have banker's hours. They almost came back to at least tie but was tossed out the window when Cal got the interception. Wisconsin played a good game but kind of fizzled out. I think more from fatigue than anything. It was a bummer for sure but they are and will be tough. To be a Dino and have the life of luxury! :ychain:

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

I'm up!!!  :)

THE RESULTS OF WEEK #1......the Big Ten had 14 games this week and won 12 of them.. :woohoo:   the losses were Northwestern and Wisconsin  :( 

13 guys got in the pool

The BRAGGING RIGHTS for WEEK #1 belong to Hodge71 with a 13 and 1 record.  :orcs-cheers:

13 wins and 1 loss..............Hodge71

12 wins and 2 losses..........Brrly1, Thanatos

11 wins and 3 losses..........Squonk, Jackhammer, RacinBob, BK Scouter, Papaglide, Horsefixer

10 wins and 4 losses..........Stevasaurus, JimD, RMCIII, Bitten

I will usually post the games for the next week on Mondays...thus giving time for some expected banter before moving on.  :)

Remember, anyone can join in at any time for the weekly bragging rights.

stevasaurus

Here is my take on Week #1.  I just hate the PAC 12.  Bitten, I'm with you on the Northwestern thing...I picked them and both PAC 12 games wrong. :bow-blue:   I woke up around 3 AM and was able to watch the tape of Maryland against James Madison, so I got to see some of all the games yesterday.  Analysis...

Teams that looked real good...Michigan St., Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn St.

Teams that looked fairly good...Minnesota, Rutgers, Nebraska, Maryland...OK...I'll put Ohio St. in here (because Navy is a good team)

Teams that looked OK.............Northwestern, Indiana

Teams that looked lucky.......Illinois, Iowa, Purdue

It is ONLY the 1st week.  :)

stevasaurus

WEEK # 2  THERE ARE 13 GAMES THIS WEEK (ALL ON SATURDAY)...INDIANA HAS A BYE WEEK.  :)

AKRON  AT  PENN ST.

CENTRAL MICHIGAN  AT  PURDUE

HOWARD  AT  RUTGERS

McNEESE ST.  AT  NEBRASKA

WESTERN ILLINOIS  AT  WISCONSIN

WESTERN KENTUCKY  AT  ILLINOIS

BALL ST.  AT  IOWA

MARYLAND  AT  UNIVERSITY of SOUTH FLORIDA

MIDDLE TENNESSEE  AT  MINNESOTA

NORTHERN ILLINOIS  AT  NORTHWESTERN

MICHIGAN ST.  AT  OREGON

MICHIGAN  AT  NOTRE DAME

VIRGINIA TECH  AT  OHIO ST.

Edited by stevasaurus

Racinbob

Oh Steve! Check out that Maryland game again. Something don't look right. :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Thanks Bob...the schedule just said USF...changed to South Florida  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

My picks for Week # 2...

Penn St., Cent Michigan, Rutgers, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Northern Illinois, Michigan St., Notre Dame, Ohio St.

13 games...:)

AJ_Thanatos

And my picks in the right format the first time!  :eusa-think:

Penn St, Purdue, Rutgers, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Western Kentucky, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, NorthWestern, Oregon, NOTRE DAME,  Ohio St. 

• Like 2