Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

Brrly1

Well guys I am back or at least this particular post is. Well its been a long eight months or so without college ball so its now time again to play ball. As we all know we need to keep this as clean, everyone here already knows this but reminders don't hurt. Bashing is to be Expected, but Not Personal!!!!! No Exceptions!!!!! You do Any Harm towards another person and you will be Removed (Yes, even me!!!!) <-- placed in Red by Admin's and Moderators.

We are kind of hoping that we will have some guys that will stay in every week so they have the bragging rights for a year. There will be a weekly bragger but thats good for only a week. Hopefully some of you all will join the challenge for the season. I guess other than the picks need to be made by midnite the night before the first game of the week. Steveasaurus will post the games for us and will post starting time for the first game of the week. Anyone can join in. This is a fun thread, expected to remain that way!!! Thanks again, oh wait I almost forgot!!! Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-56770500-1408299713.jpg

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

OK...here we go.  There are 2 games on Thursday Aug. 28 and 1 on Friday Aug, 29...the rest are on Saturday.  Please pick in order that they show (makes it easier for me to keep track).  Get your picks in before the games on Thursday.  :)

Thursday August 28

EASTERN ILLINOIS  AT  MINNESOTA

RUTGERS    AT WASHINGTON ST.

Friday August 29

JACKSONVILLE ST.  AT  MICHIGAN ST.

Saturday August 30

YOUNGSTOWN ST.  AT  ILLINOIS

NORTHERN IOWA  AT  IOWA

FLORIDA ATLANTIC  AT  NEBRASKA

CALIFORNIA  AT  NORTHWESTERN

WESTERN MICHIGAN  AT  PURDUE

WISCONSIN VS LSU  (at HOUSTON)

INDIANA ST.  AT  INDIANA

JAMES MADISON  AT  MARYLAND

APPALACHIAN ST.  AT  MICHIGAN

OHIO ST.  AT  NAVY

PENN ST. VS  CENTRAL FLORIDA  (at DUBLIN)

If you just type the names of the teams you think will win like...Minnesota, Rutgers, Michigan St....etc in order that they are shown, that will help greatly.  Also, make sure you picked them all...14 games the first weekend.  Thanks  Remember to have your picks in before the 1st game next Thursday...Aug. 28.  :):orcs-cheers:

I was not able to get the helmet thingy working this 1st week...I will work on that. :eusa-think:

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

I'll go 1st...why not.  :)  There is a few tough picks...like the Northern Iowa at Iowa...Appalachian St. at Michigan...Ohio St. at Navy...Wisconsin vs LSU  :woohoo:

Here are my picks...Minnesota, Washington St., Michigan St., Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Western Michigan, Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St.  :)

squonk

I have no clue! (What else is new) so here goes:

Minn, Wash St., Mich St., Illinois, IOWA, Neb (I Hate Nebraska) Northwestern, Perdue, Wisc, Indiana, Maryland, Mich, Ohio St., Penn st.

jackhammer

I'll give it a shot.

My picks

Eastern Ill.  WASHINGTON ST.  MICHIGAN ST.  Illini. 10WA.  Neb.  California.  Purdue.  LSU.  Indiana St.  Maryland.  Michigan.  Oh10. Central Florida.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Picks are coming, but in the mean time, I see only a coule games that are what I call a real challenge. This week though Wisconsin is taking it to the MAX!

Rob

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Rob...so is Michigan... :ROTF:

• Like 1

jackhammer

And this is how it begins

• Like 2

JimD

Here we go..

MINNESOTA

WASHINGTON ST.

MICHIGAN ST.

YOUNGSTOWN ST.

IOWA

NEBRASKA

CALIFORNIA

WESTERN MICHIGAN

WISCONSIN

INDIANA

MARYLAND

MICHIGAN

OHIO ST.

PENN ST.

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Thursday:

Eastern Il., over Minnesota

Rutgers, over Washington St.

Friday

Michigan St. over Jacksonville

Saturday:

Illinois, over Youngstown St.

Iowa, over Northern Iowa

Nebraska, over Florida Atlantic

Northwester, over Cal.

Western Micg., over Purdue

Wisconsin, over LSU < Long shot I know, but they have a RB that is set on proving something this year and he has the offense fired up.

Indiana, over Indiana St.

Maryland, over James Madison

Michigan over App. State

OSU, over Navy

Penn St. over Central Fla.

JimD

It would be nice if everyone could follow along with the format for posting that Steve requested to make it easier for him to sort it all out. Scrolling is not your friend when doing this.

• Like 1

Brrly1

Ok, I've decided. We are going to make this easy for the Big guy! Don't think it can get any easier, drum roll please! Big Ten all the way thru! Alrighty then It's going to be a Great week, next week. As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!

post-45-0-42228200-1408626390.jpg

RMCIII

I was just following his format on how the games were listed. Monkey see, monkey doo!   :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :ychain:

JimD

The list in his first post is the schedule for the week. Makes sense to post it as a list as it came from a list. It also helps to read the entire post.  :ychain:  Here is the part you missed..

If you just type the names of the teams you think will win like...Minnesota, Rutgers, Michigan St....etc in order that they are shown, that will help greatly.  Also, make sure you picked them all...14 games the first weekend.  Thanks  Remember to have your picks in before the 1st game next Thursday...Aug. 28.  :):orcs-cheers:

jwl

There is really only one team..........if you have Facebook, you can see a video of their trucks. I don't know how to get just the vid to post here.  Look up Tantara Transportation Corp and see them for yourself. ...........Go Hawks and the haulers.

• Like 1

JimD

There is really only one team..........if you have Facebook, you can see a video of their trucks. I don't know how to get just the vid to post here.  Look up Tantara Transportation Corp and see them for yourself. ...........Go Hawks and the haulers.

This vid?

jwl, I hope you'll join us and make your picks this season. :)

• Like 3

jwl

yep that's the one!! the new one chasing the old one, and heading down to Oklahoma with stuff for a tornado relief drive.  I don't follow sports much, to many tractor and buckskinner things to do here.  I'll let you guys play the big ten games and ill just root for the hawks

• Like 3

Brrly1

Duke, where are you hiding? I bet your having a rough time with the picks aren't you? That Appl. State games got you all up in arms and you just don't know what to do. You've got my number call me and I'll walk you thru it. Call The Dino he's always open for Advice. Where are you at? You've only got three more days. What's the cutoff time Steve 6pm Thursday evening? All of you other guys jump in here also, I think everyone that plays has a pretty good time.

• Like 3

Racinbob

Oh, what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

MINNESOTA

WASHINGTON ST.

MICHIGAN ST.

ILLINOIS

IOWA

NEBRASKA

NORTHWESTERN

PURDUE

LSU

INDIANA

MARYLAND

MICHIGAN

OHIO ST.

CENTRAL FLORIDA

At least I'll get to pick my favorite next week. :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

Hey Jim - you see - I'm not the only one!!!! Monkey See, Monkey DO! :text-bump:  :teasing-poke:  :hilarious:

JimD

:hilarious:

Wow Rob, you probably could have edited your picks post to the requested format in the time it took you to post your latest chucklefest. But hey, why bother, you don't have to sort it all out after the games are played. :ychain::dance:

RMCIII

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is broke! :ychain:

• Like 2

JimD

Ok, you win. If ya can't beat em, join em. Sorry Steve, I tried. :confusion-shrug:

RMCIII

I'd just like to see more poeple in this. There were a few more last year, and it sounded like Duke was getting back into the game, this year. :scratchead:

Edited by RMCIII

JimD

How's that working out for ya? Won't waste any more of my time in here.