Hodge71

I think we'll call this one Dads new Horse

Hodge71

Jeff...for me on my eaton the brake pedal does not come back the whole way and until I put my heel on it and pull it back forward does not have its full potential.  I know I have to correct this with possibly a better spring but I thought I would mention it to you in case that is the problem.....

I checked mine today Bob and brake return isn't the issue. I need to look elsewhere I guess. That will be the final project before I put the seat pan back on after paint. I have been throwing around color combinations and have it narrowed down to semigloss black frame, engine, and dash tower. Red hood and seat pan. Im also thinking about black footrests and side panels. Not sure there would be enough red on her then though if I went that route. Especially with a big flat black horse head logo on the hood with 50th Anniversary Special Edition printed under it.

Hodge71

New sneakers for Dad's new 416 were waiting for me after work tonight...on a not so happy note...Harbor Freight lost my guns so now we need to get them reshipped..UGH..I wonder if I will ever be able to paint this tractor.

post-1339-0-09657900-1409955626_thumb.jppost-1339-0-47465900-1409955662_thumb.jp

Sparky

What size rubber did you get?

Mike......

Hodge71

What size rubber did you get?

Mike......

I ended up getting factory size....23x9.50-12 for the back and 16x6.50-8 for the front. I got a helluva deal on Amazon because I'm a Prime member....$168 for all 4 to my door in 2 days

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Jeff, I know your Dad is going to be thrilled with his new tractor when you are finished:)

Hodge71

Jeff, I know your Dad is going to be thrilled with his new tractor when you are finished:)

Thanks Brother Van....I hope he does...I feel bad...I broke his 12 Auto again last night. 2 weeks ago it was the  right steering spindle....last night I snapped the left one... I really need to get this Onan done before the engine quits on his next

km3h

I am a bit curious. If you are going to use this tractor for grass cutting, how will you power the mower? Unless I missed something there is only one pulley on the PTO. If you use this setup you will have to engage the PTO in order to get the tractor to move. This seems to be a bit dangerous as someone could forget and engage the PTO at full throttle which will most likely cause the tractor to raise the front big time.    

Hodge71

I am a bit curious. If you are going to use this tractor for grass cutting, how will you power the mower? Unless I missed something there is only one pulley on the PTO. If you use this setup you will have to engage the PTO in order to get the tractor to move. This seems to be a bit dangerous as someone could forget and engage the PTO at full throttle which will most likely cause the tractor to raise the front big time.    

This tractor is going to cut grass and blow snow with a 2 stage snowblower this winter..... I installed a factory electric clutch off of a 70's era C series. It has 2 pulleys on it plus there is  the main drive pulley for the transmission on the engine. Why would you think theres only a single pulley?

km3h

After reviewing the photos I now see that I was mistaken. 

Hodge71

Started spraying Eastwood Chassis Black tonight...hope the weather holds out  the frame will be back by the weekend.....pics to follow soon. It got too dark tonight

Hodge71

Heres pics of the frame done in black...I was nervous but after see in it, I think its going to look great. I have chosen a color for the tins too. International Harvester Red #50. Its  a bit more deep red instead of the lighter tint Wheel Horse red has.

Hope to have red flowing this weekend.

post-1339-0-21211600-1410470884_thumb.jppost-1339-0-38457200-1410470963_thumb.jppost-1339-0-26441400-1410471024_thumb.jppost-1339-0-48433200-1410471066_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Sparky

I love it in black! The Workhorse series have black frames and they look great in my opinion.

Mike.....

• Like 1

Geno

It should look pretty cool, can't wait to see it when it's done!    :text-woo:

• Like 1

Hodge71

Raining here today so I got to putting some of the decals from Terry (Vinylguy). He has the best stuff out there. I love working with it!!

post-1339-0-38437200-1410618370_thumb.jp 

post-1339-0-81827000-1410618471_thumb.jp

post-1339-0-28925800-1410618548_thumb.jp

Racinbob

That's going to look awesome with the red sheet metal. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Hodge71

Things are going back together rather nicely. Still haven't had a chance to spray and red or primer yet on the tins but I was able to get gas tank back in, run new fuel line, bolted the Onan back in and changed the oil and filter in her. Tonight after ll that I threw the battery in it, cleaned the terminals and after cranking for about 10 seconds to get the fuel lines primed, it fired up and settled into a lopey idle....I may be changing my opinion of these Onans. Im not saying Im going to stop loving my Kohlers but the Onan is growing on me just a little. Tomorrow a pic of a few wires I found broken off. A pink, but think I know where it goes, but I also found 2 blacks. One had a connector on it for the voltmeter but the remaining black was just broken off with no idea where it could go...possibly the negative on the hour meter? Any input guys?   

I also ordered a new seat for it and a new pair of 55 watt headlights

Edited by Farmhand

Hodge71

More progress today....worked from 5:30 to noon and after my boys soccer game I was able to work on the 416 some more. Its a roller now . I got the new rubber mounted on the wheels and got them painted.  I also got the wheel weights painted with the epoxy paint.... I sorted out the electric clutch mounting and I couldn't help myself.....after I changed the oil and filter on both the Eaton 1100 and the Onan...I broke down and took it for a nice long ride around the farm. Ran flawlessly and Im very happy with it so far. Now time for some college football on the big screen and then the Bloomsburg Fair tonight once the lil woman gets here Heres pic of how she looks at this point....

post-1339-0-37648300-1411246496_thumb.jppost-1339-0-18806700-1411246591_thumb.jppost-1339-0-95493800-1411246675_thumb.jppost-1339-0-44300800-1411246732_thumb.jppost-1339-0-58666800-1411246799_thumb.jppost-1339-0-45007600-1411246905_thumb.jp

• Like 2

km3h

I am really excited to see how this turns out. The Black and red should show a lot of contrast and look great.

Sparky

Is it just me or are those rear tires real close to the fuel tank?

The black looks fantastic!

Mike..........

Geno

Looks like there's 23-9.50-12's on the rear.  They look great!     :text-+1:

Hodge71

Mike..........

Factory sized sneakers all the way around. 23x9.50s out back and 16x6.50s out front

Martin

Mike..........

they do look close. most probably the camera screwing with the shot. i went out and looked at the rolling 416H i have, same wheels and tire size as this one, when you take a pic above its hard to see the gap, but there should be about an inch on each side......

plus the tires look a little wider than the older 9.50s in my pics. the 12 x 7 wheels on the later tractors were different than the earlier 12 x 7 wheels. the later ones placed the tire closer to the tank, while the earlier ones had roughly the same clearance to the tank as the wider 520/gt1848 type wheels.

post-4321-0-97082900-1411321457_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-80418000-1411321464_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-32315100-1411321471_thumb.jp

Edited by Martin

Hodge71

they do look close. most probably the camera screwing with the shot. i went out and looked at the rolling 416H i have, same wheels and tire size as this one, when you take a pic above its hard to see the gap, but there should be about an inch on each side......

plus the tires look a little wider than the older 9.50s in my pics. the 12 x 7 wheels on the later tractors were different than the earlier 12 x 7 wheels. the later ones placed the tire closer to the tank, while the earlier ones had roughly the same clearance to the tank as the wider 520/gt1848 type wheels.

attachicon.gifIMG_3912.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3913.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3914.JPG

Boy now that I see those pics Martin the tires on one are really close. They're 23x9.50 Carlisle Turf Masters and I must say I like them very much. I wasn't sure when I ordered them but they're a sexy tire once mounted

Martin

yep they sure are......

post-4321-0-90388300-1411332763_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Hodge71

yep they sure are......

attachicon.gifIMG_1889.JPG

:sleeping-drool:  :sleeping-drool:  :sleeping-drool:  :sleeping-drool:  :sleeping-drool: