Sparky

My Cadillac

Sparky

So after gitting my kidneys all shook up and my spine miss-alligned riding my old tractors all winter I decided to git out the "Caddy". My "89" 312-8. The seat is so soft with big springs under it and the steering wheel is rubbery not just hard plastic. The motor is smooth as glass when its runnin and with the curved footpedals its like a piece of heaven. The rear tires are the squishy 2 ply type and the steering is spot on. Gonna be hard to git back on one of the rattly beasts!

No real question here just wanted to share my joy...

Mike..all relaxed now...

• Like 1

nylyon

What's a Caddy without pictures! Send em over, I'll put em up for ya!

nylyon

This is a nice looking ride! I'll bet you're going to put that 42" rear deck on it huh?

312-8_1.jpg

312-8_2.jpg

• Like 3

nylyon

Is that the original seat, iIt looks a lot like the one on my 416? I noticed that it doesn't have the coil springs which sit on the seat pan like many of them do. Is it adjustable with a lever? If it is the same as the 416's, it sure is a nice seat. Gonna look for one of these seats for the 414. Maybe they can come with heated bottoms for the winter months

:D

Sparky

Yep its the original seat and it does have seat springs you just cant see em in the pics. Its not adjustable with a lever tho. My B-100 has a high back seat off a 520 Wheel Horse with the lever to slide it forward and back. As far as the 42" rear deck, its on my C-125 auto and will probably stay there. I can mow faster and easier with the auto tranny setup. My big Craftsman is an auto and its much easier to mow with than an 8 speed as well. I find myself having to back up often and sometimes slow down for tight spots and the auto makes it easy. The hydraulic lift is nice but not really nessasary since the deck gets dropped once and lifted once per mowing for the most part.

Mike

cumminscook

You cant beat the 312-8 tuff tractor

Wheel-N-It

You cant beat the 312-8 tuff tractor

Can't argue that statement. I've always believed the 312-8 is overall the best all around Wheel Horse tractor!

Mike, the 312 you see in my avatar is my Caddy as well. With the 520 rear wheels and tires (soft), and upgraded (since the avatar pic) 8" front wheels with new rubber, and a Northern Tool well padded seat it is a pleasure to drive. It has the heaver duty coil springs under the seat too which come in handy for my 230 pound frame.

dandan111

A 312 with a 42 inch rear deck were on my mind when I bought my 314. A fine tractor.

Retired Wrencher

:USA::wh: Mike enjoy the ride are u ready for the shows I have the list if needed. Gary     B....................

Sparky

WOW! I started this thread 7 years ago and it has resurfaced! Sorry to say the 312 is gone, probably sold it 4+ years ago. I think a 418-A replaced it, hard to keep track of what was bought or sold and when.

Mike............

• Like 1

leeave96

WOW! I started this thread 7 years ago and it has resurfaced! Sorry to say the 312 is gone, probably sold it 4+ years ago. I think a 418-A replaced it, hard to keep track of what was bought or sold and when.

Mike............

So now you got a hot rod Lincoln.... ;)

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Mike............

As much as I love the 312-8's, I would have to agree that a 418-A is a good replacement.

• Like 1