diggerjames

Can a Gt 14 deck fit a a C175

diggerjames

Hi all I've just bought a gt 14 mower deck and I want to know wether it will fit my C175 with out to much trouble thanks James

post-12304-0-57954700-1407782365.jpg

jeremi3210

You would need the mid a tach off the gt14, but with that it might work.

Racinbob

It will actually hook right up to the C-175 mid mount. I had one hooked up like that for a while until I was going down a steep hill and a stump jumped in front of me and was stopped by the deck. Use the front mule drive and the correct length belt. One odd thing happens though. The deck will move backwards some when you lift it. Not enough to hit the rear tires but enough to make the belt guitar string tight. I didn't like that so whenever I lifted the deck when I was done I would loosen the belt.

• Like 1

pacer

There definitely a good bit of difference in it and the C's. As jeremi said, maybe with all the bits and pieces off the GTs frame and if they would bolt/mount up on your C...

Another possibility is to get the hanger/lift assy off a C deck, but that is also gonna take a good bit of modifying -- probably possible, just not a simple swap.

Racinbob

You can do as pacer mentioned with the hanger assembly off a newer deck. You'd need to use the later model "axle" on the back of the deck. That would solve the issue of the deck moving backwards when lifted. But if you don't mind that little annoyance it will hook right up quite simply. I used the deck of that style from a Raider. I'm not sure what it's called but that cast piece on the old style drive was broke. Didn't matter since I used the mule drive.

Racinbob

One think hit me since you got me to thinking about it. You can't use the lift arm on the C-175. The one that has the rod that slides in the slotted hole on the deck mounted hanger. I took that off since I didn't use that tractor with any attachments that needed it. Once the old deck was crashed I got a new deck and put the arm back on. I used a lift rod set to the correct length on the old deck. I believe the one I see on that old deck is too long.

diggerjames

Thanks for the information guys it's a real help I'm gonna see which is the best way forward when I get back to it on the weekend cheers James

KC9KAS

Someone told me that any "C" model deck would fit my GT-14.

But a GT-14 deck won't fit a "C"???

I guess both will interchange if you have the correct connecting framework for the model tractor you are putting the deck onto.

Racinbob

As I've already said, that GT mower will fit right into the C tach-a-matic hitch. No bracket changes needed. Just the lift connection and, of course, using the front mule drive. Because of the geometry causing the deck to move to the rear it's not ideal but I used one like that for years with no issues.

953 nut

:twocents-twocents:   I have a deck from a 1267 that is the same as yours. I have used it on a 953 and a GT-14. It will work on and long frame :wh: with a center attachment bracket.