Sign in to follow this  
gottahavvitt

Jake K241 swap into WH 1057???

gottahavvitt

I just picked up a free Jacobsen Chief 100 yesterday with a great running K241 motor in it.

I want to put the motor in my WH but there are a few questions I have. :banghead::USA::omg:

1 Will the starter Generator off the OLD WH K241 fit the one off the Jake?

2 I noticed there is no fuel pump on the Jake. Can I put the fuel pump off the WH K on this one?

3 There is no Solinoid (sp?) on the Jake

4 Is the jake positive ground or negative ground?

5 Are the ignition systems the same.

I can't read the serial number or spec number off the jake as it is worn off mostly by the throttle cable rubbing on the id plate. But here are the numbers that I can read. Ser# last four 2238 spec. first 2- (42) last 3 (03A)

The serial number on the 1057 is: B252 2133

Spec 46333D

As usual thanks in advance.

Joe

TT

Answers:

1) You might have to install the correct studs for the upper bracket/cylinder head and probably the air baffle over the head, but otherwise it should be a bolt-on installation.

2) The camshaft does have the fuel pump lobe, so that too is a direct bolt-on.

3) A 1057 doesn't have a solenoid either. If you are actually referring to the voltage regulator mounted on the starter/generator, both tractors have them. The "Jake" regulator might just be mounted on the chassis somewhere. :USA:

4) Negative ground.

5) The 1057 uses 12VDC battery ignition with an automotive type internal resistor coil, a condenser, and breaker points. I'm pretty sure the Jake uses the same exact ignition system. You should be able to look at it and tell.

**Also** Make sure the oil pan has the drain in the correct location for your 1057. If you need to swap oil pans, it's just a matter of 4 bolts and a new gasket. :banghead:

The only other potential change you may need to make would be on the throttle linkage/controls, and maybe the choke cable bracket. You have both engines there, so all you can do is compare them and change the parts you need to.

gottahavvitt

Thanks TT that is just the info I needed. :banghead:

I am going to schedule the operation for first thing in the morning.

I might even document it with pictures.