Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Kohler K-241 953 Tractor

CHARGER9AUTO

I took off the oil pan from my 953's 10 HP Kohler K-241 motor yesterday the crank is .010 undersize five thousands smaller what is the best way to fix it

with a standard size connecting rod . Ben

Jim_M

Ben,

I'm not sure what your question is, so this might not be the answer you're looking for.

Do you mean that the crank was turned .010 under and it's worn an additional .005? If that's the case, you'll need to get it turned to .020 under and get an .020 under rod.

Jim

• Like 1

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben,

I'm not sure what your question is, so this might not be the answer you're looking for.

Do you mean that the crank was turned .010 under and it's worn an additional .005? If that's the case, you'll need to get it turned to .020 under and get an .020 under rod.

Jim

Jim, Yeah I think it sounds right what you posted to my question . Ben

wheelhorsepuller

While it's all apart have the cylinder walls checked for taper... it might be worth the $25 bucks to have it bored and add an oversize piston and rings to eliminated the blow by...

The nice thing is pistons are cheap and readily available on e-bay for under $30..

For your undersized crank you can either buy a new rod that is .020 smaller on the big end, or add a bearing insert to make up the clearance. Any machine shop can help you with that..

Too much clearance will cause a knock and your rod will eventually decide to leave the block and make a big mess... ( I know that first hand)

th_DSCF0042.jpg