njdpo

Charger 12 - Manual to hydro lift convert ?

njdpo

Hi all,

I have a commando 800 / 3spd, 310-8, and a Ingersoll 444...

I like the hydraulic lift on the Ingy as I have some shoulder problems.

Im interested in finding a W.horse with a hydraulic lift for a mower deck and snow caster... ( and then prob sell the little 800 )

I just found a Charger 12 which is in nice original condition, initially thought Im gonna finally get me a hydro horsey w/ the hydro lift!!!

Now I see that the machine has the manual lift for the mower deck / snow caster... my dreames were dashed ... or are they ?

Is it possible to install a hydro lift on a Charger 12 ? I would need a the hydraulic ram, control gear and hoses that gets installed on the left side of the dash ?

Would it work ? is it worth trying ... is this stuff easily found / affordable ?

Looks like the Bronco gives me what im looking for ...

I like the look and the size of the charger/electro - so thats roughly the vintage of machine I'd like to be sitting on...

- are there other models than the bronco that have the hydro lift ?

Thanks - Dave

SousaKerry

Hydraulic lift was an option and a kit on any tractor with an auto tranny.  Unfortunatly these parts can be hard to find as you also need an internal part for the tranny.  If you can find a parts tractor with all the correct parts that would be the easiest way.  Some on here have used an electric actuator and Wheel Horse sold one for manual tranny tractors at some point.  There were also a belt driven hydralic lift kit used in the 60's but they are rare and very desirable. 

You may have better luck looking at a more modern tractor almost all automatic tractors made after 1981 had hydro lift so anything in the C1x5 series or the 300,400,500 series tractors would have it.

njdpo

Hmm...  an electric acuator - I have a Johnny Bucket on my Ingersoll with the Electric acutators and they work pretty good...

Might be worth looking into - if i can find something compatible/comparible in size to what would be stock.

Anyone have any dimensions on the hydraulic rams that get installed ?

- Thanks Dave

CasualObserver

I just found a Charger 12 which is in nice original condition, initially thought Im gonna finally get me a hydro horsey w/ the hydro lift!!!

Now I see that the machine has the manual lift for the mower deck / snow caster... my dreames were dashed ... or are they ?

Is it possible to install a hydro lift on a Charger 12 ? I would need a the hydraulic ram, control gear and hoses that gets installed on the left side of the dash ?

Would it work ? is it worth trying ... is this stuff easily found / affordable ?

Looks like the Bronco gives me what im looking for ...

I like the look and the size of the charger/electro - so thats roughly the vintage of machine I'd like to be sitting on...

- are there other models than the bronco that have the hydro lift ?

You don't need to go all the way to a Bronco....the Electro 12 (which was a Charger with a upgraded options package) came standard with hydraulic lift and an electric clutch.

This topic will help you out.