Geno

The beginnings of a Wheel Horse hauler

Which do you like better?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• With extra detail (left)
    • Plain (right)

Geno

I think we may actually get to work on it next week.  It's been busy hauling Horses and Horse parts since the day after we got it.  :eusa-doh:

Geno

Spent some time with Scot yesterday and we have the script for the Wheel Horse lettering all done and in the CNC plasma cutter.  We cut out a few to see what they will be and they look great.  They should look really good 4' wide.  Thanks go out to Terry (Vinylguy) for his help with this too!  :eusa-clap:

Scott is sending me the file in a bit that will show the completed logo with the writing as it will be in the trailer floor when done, I'll post it when he sends it to me.  :)

post-13404-0-83884400-1409257446_thumb.j

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Hope he's making more.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Geno

Scot just sent me the artwork.  The Horse head square is 4' X 4'.  The Wheel Horse writing is 4' wide also.  The pic is how it will be placed on the floor of the trailer.  It will be made from 1/4" steel and painted in sections before being put on the trailer.  The trailer bed will be routed first so that the logo sits flush with the bed.   :)

I added color to one, the white area in the pic will actually be the Ivory color for the wheels.

post-13404-0-55126200-1409265480_thumb.j

post-13404-0-78903000-1409267117_thumb.j

Edited by Geno
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

Gonna be soooooooo...nice.     :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 1

Geno

Going to Scot's place after lunch, the logo is getting made today!   :woohoo:

Geno

This thing is more massive than I thought, the head logo alone weighs around 170lbs.   :omg:   It's a little over 4' square and made out of 1/4" steel.

These are all pics from the making of it and shots after we got it home.  Still a lot of work to do but at least it's got a good start.  They are all separate pieces for painting purposes, I like easy and no taping.  The 68 Lawn Ranger is in there for reference.  

I'll have more pics of it Monday sitting on the trailer to mark it for routing.   :)

post-13404-0-12485200-1409437320_thumb.j

post-13404-0-07914400-1409437337_thumb.j

post-13404-0-51960700-1409437360_thumb.j

post-13404-0-86837600-1409437371_thumb.j

post-13404-0-65783900-1409437380_thumb.j

post-13404-0-28872200-1409437392_thumb.j

post-13404-0-76732400-1409437404_thumb.j

post-13404-0-19854300-1409437416_thumb.j

post-13404-0-64220400-1409437436_thumb.j

post-13404-0-75973700-1409437441_thumb.j

Edited by Geno
  • Like 3

meadowfield

thats nuts!!!!  but I love it :thumbs:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

thanks gene, couldnt find it. for me the one on the right side logo. If you just painting it red nd black. all the extra detail is useless. Thats IMHO, your buyin it, your flyin it. So if you decide you want a colnel sanders go tee on the horse,,,,you do it.

Glenn

• Like 1

Geno

Thanks Glenn, about time you showed up.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

You should center that head on the Rangers hood...

then weld it in place.     :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thanks Glenn, about time you showed up.  :laughing-rolling:

Busy trying to get the 854 done. I don't know how you work on 23 tractors at once. LOL

Glenn

• Like 1

Geno

It might blow out the front tires Craig.    :laughing-rolling:

Edited by Geno

Geno

Busy trying to get the 854 done. I don't know how you work on 23 tractors at once. LOL

Glenn

It's the whole OCD, going a million miles an hour, jumping from one to another :thingy:  

And I also have my full time helper you met.  :)

• Like 1

nhunt308

i agree with the color choice Red with black floor. and i hope thats a cnc router your going to use for the floor!!! :chores-chopwood::banghead:

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

Geno! That is going to be amazing! Sorry so late to the party.. I can't wait to see this thing![emoji2]

• Like 1

Geno

We got the trailer routed for the logos and pulled the boards and have the first coat of black stain on them.  It took almost all day.  :eusa-doh:

I don't know where I come up with these crazy ideas.   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

Geno

Here's some pics of what we did yesterday.  We even pulled all the boards so we could paint the sides, more OCD.  :eusa-doh:

post-13404-0-16228000-1409690714_thumb.j

post-13404-0-17829900-1409690730_thumb.j

post-13404-0-43103000-1409690742_thumb.j

post-13404-0-97704100-1409690764_thumb.j

post-13404-0-30282000-1409690774_thumb.j

Geno

i agree with the color choice Red with black floor. and i hope thats a cnc router your going to use for the floor!!! :chores-chopwood::banghead:

Oh you aught to to see the router setup.  It only took about 5 hours with cleanup!   :laughing-rolling:

post-13404-0-18525000-1409690910_thumb.j

• Like 1

jackhammer

What you got covered up over on the left side there Geno looks like a blackhood ??and another ??

Geno

The blackhood is a 1980 C145. The one covered is the one that got me started.  More details are here -   :)  

AJ_Thanatos

Geno you are gonna haul some horses to Scott's M&G with your fancy new hauler right? [emoji6]

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

GENE, its coming along great. Thumbs up, job well done.

Glenn

• Like 1

Geno

We planned on having all of the metal smoothed and primed today but it had to get hooked up for an emergency trip to Ohio.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

nhunt308

Did you go get that 518 and was there a 520 also?