JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

5xi single stage snowblower

Forest Road

your correct Rob, had to be ordered from toro. 33 bucks I believe.

Glenn

Save your $$$. I seem to recall mine clogging on occasion. Removed it and never looked back.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Save your $$$. I seem to recall mine clogging on occasion. Removed it and never looked back.

Hmmm - never happened to me... Cleveland winter was pretty bad... Between blowing slushy snow, heavy wet snow, and the wonderful light fluffy snow.... Do you remember what type of snow it wat that clogged the chute?

Course, the other thing I use through out the season is Sno Jet, so that could also be why it did not clog on me.

Rob

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I dont know if the xi will ever get the snowblower put on it this year. Remember at the end of last year I picked up that tall chute snow blower for the 416. I might just put that on the new to me 520, and let that handle snow chores for the winter. I am thinking about that onan torque,,,,,,,feel like checking it out. Seems I am overloaded with snow removal equipment.

Glenn

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

I dont know if the xi will ever get the snowblower put on it this year. Remember at the end of last year I picked up that tall chute snow blower for the 416. I might just put that on the new to me 520, and let that handle snow chores for the winter. I am thinking about that onan torque,,,,,,,feel like checking it out. Seems I am overloaded with snow removal equipment.

Glenn

If you don't, I've got an xi that is taking winter off that could be put to work.

Overloaded? How about: three snowblowers, a snowthrower, five plows - and don't forget the shovels. :ychain:  My big decision is: "Do I want to walk or ride?" :banana-skier:

• Like 2

PaulC

Hey Glenn

That sure is a nice blower you picked up there, looks similar to one I just got except much cleaner and hooks up to an xi not the attach a matic.

Wondering if you would do me a favor when you get a minute?? Could u grab a few measurements of the chute for me? Im mainly looking from the base of the chute to the first area where it bends, then from there to the next bend. I have a chute made up and painted already but would like to reference my sizing that i came up with from photos to what a tall chute blower is actually supposed to be.

I got mine cheap because it was missing the chute and a few other parts. I made up a chute myself because only two of 3 parts are available and were still going to be $175 bucks. I started a thread in the implements section trying to get some measurement but unfortunately I got no sizing responses.  

If you cant get to it don't worry about it. At this point i don't want to chop it at all but would like to have the actual sizes for reference. I could always alter it after i use it if it doesn't work like it should. It really wasn't hard to make either so my thought is if it works that much better then my short chute then i will convert it to a tall chute. Maybe ill come up with a kit and become a redsquare vendor :laughing-rofl:

Thanks Paul

PaulC

post-8772-0-99145000-1415651204_thumb.pn

this is what im looking for

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Paul,

I happen to have mine still apart for my 5xi. The bottom portion is 13 1/4", and the middle piece is 16".

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

I got the pictures to come up this time too.

post-3066-0-90522200-1415652985_thumb.jppost-3066-0-57049900-1415652996_thumb.jppost-3066-0-54149800-1415653008_thumb.jppost-3066-0-33406500-1415653020_thumb.jp

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Paul....just sent you a pm with pics....but true to form John beat me to the punch.

His numbers are better than my pictures I bet.

Glenn

• Like 1

PaulC

Thanks u guys are awesome!!! It's seems my judging by photo is off a bit. If I left it as is I would have an EXTRA tall chute blower 😃.post-8772-0-28542300-1415661337_thumb.jppost-8772-0-64759300-1415661269_thumb.jp

Looks like I need to cut about a foot off of the bottom section I made that 24" long and the middle section 12". I have a deflector for the top too that isn't shown. Wish I didn't have that nice paint job on it now gonna get scratched up in the saw

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

RMCIII

Paul - in all honesty, it may not hurt 1 bit..... Right now, I think anyone with a single stage is seeing anywhere from a 15' t o18' height in their plume. That may even add some extra height. I know it has the muscle to get it up and out! Might be cool to see what an "extra long" chute dose for the height.

Rob

• Like 2

PaulC

Ya know Rob u make a very good point I should try it out before I decide to cut it and backing me up with the cool factor helps too😃. I did think that it looked a bit odd on there but looks can be deceiving.

I will get it all put together and mounted and will post some more pics of it then. At that point I'll know if Ill need to sit on a phone book to see over the chute😜

• Like 2

Forest Road

Hmmm - never happened to me... Cleveland winter was pretty bad... Between blowing slushy snow, heavy wet snow, and the wonderful light fluffy snow.... Do you remember what type of snow it wat that clogged the chute?

Course, the other thing I use through out the season is Sno Jet, so that could also be why it did not clog on me.

Rob

No I don't recall what type of snow it was. I'm pretty sure I had had enough of the white S*** for the day. By the third or fourth time I had to unclog it I probably removed it. Keep in mind this is in NYs Adirondack Park. 2-4' drifts and standing snow 20"+.

A year later I stepped up to a two stage. Don't believe I've clogged that one yet. Oh I removed the same shield on that blower.

post-5562-141566861378_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That chute looks really great,,,,,its so tall. I nickname it the " Abe Lincoln ". Put a stove pipe hat on that bad boy......great job.

Glenn

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

That's less like a snow blower  and more like a snow rifle. :bow-blue:

You might get 50' with that thing! May have to up the RPM's on the auger though... I would love to see it in action, either way!

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 3

PaulC

Haha you guys are great!! I woke up this morning totally thinking I should just cut it down today but now i cant. its gonna be 65 today here in buffalo but then it drops and calling for snow a bunch of days over the next week hopefully ill get to try it out!!!!

Thanks for the support Paul

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Haha you guys are great!! I woke up this morning totally thinking I should just cut it down today but now i cant. its gonna be 65 today here in buffalo but then it drops and calling for snow a bunch of days over the next week hopefully ill get to try it out!!!!

Thanks for the support Paul

If that cannon blasts the snow out another 10 to 15 feet. Well sir,,,,,,,,,,,everyone will want chute extensions. I bet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Glenn

• Like 2

RMCIII

I heard it 'GO THE DISTANCE" :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :woohoo:

Rob

• Like 2

PaulC

Well gents I got the blower and EXTRA EXTRA tall chute mounted yesterday. Its rather excessive and there are things I don't like about it so I am indeed going to make a new one. I am going to keep this monster though and plan to try it out when I am bored and want to play in the snow :)

post-8772-0-73933700-1415791875_thumb.jppost-8772-0-46788000-1415791877_thumb.jp

I think I may need that phone book after all :laughing-rofl: post-8772-0-05358100-1415791881_thumb.jp

• Like 3

RMCIII

:scared-eek:  :scared-eek:  :wicked: . Now that it is sitting behind the tractor, it REALLY gives a better perspective...... Glad you are going to at least try it out though. I still think it will add additional height to the plume. Since it is protected from gushing winds for about another 16" it should allow the snow to get to "NEW HEIGHTS" :handgestures-thumbupright:

Rob

• Like 2

Geno

Overloaded? How about: three snowblowers, a snowthrower, five plows - and don't forget the shovels. :ychain: 

Overloaded?  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

PaulC

my wife is not so much into the horses and thinks im waaaaaaaaaaay to into my tractors so she normally doesn't have to much to say when it comes to them. But last night when I was in the garage getting this on there she comes out to ask me to get out the grill out and start it for dinner and the first step out the door I hear.......whoa that's a really big chute!!! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 4

Geno

TMI.  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2

PaulC

ooooo Geno you know when it comes to blowers its all in the size of the chute!!!! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

Geno

post-13404-0-05655700-1415800617.gif

• Like 1