JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

5xi single stage snowblower

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Took a run to Rhode Island. What a home run.

Shape is as near new as it gets. Here's some pics. Sorry didn't clean it.

post-12073-0-88232900-1407341123_thumb.jpost-12073-0-17808400-1407341153_thumb.jpost-12073-0-61272500-1407341182_thumb.jpost-12073-0-70397900-1407341217_thumb.jpost-12073-0-45464500-1407341265_thumb.j

• Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

When I got to the fellas home he had 4 xi tractors. If this snowblower was ever used I can't see it. Chute. Auger. Skid shoes. Etc. No paint missing.

Funny how the mrs. And kids went to Canada and I found this. Lol He had a snow blade to. Left that there. Just wanted to share it with you guys. When I find a snow cab I will be complete.

• Like 4

papaglide

Glenn, very nice. 

• Like 1

doc724

That was the guy in Foster.  I knew he had more than one xi, but four!  It was a good deal, but I already had one of these blowers.  You WILL be impressed in the winter (and so will your neighbors)

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

That was the guy in Foster.  I knew he had more than one xi, but four!  It was a good deal, but I already had one of these blowers.  You WILL be impressed in the winter (and so will your neighbors)

Don, thats him. He also had a snowblade, told me he had a fella coming in from ny to look at one of the xi s he was selling.  You have the single also? I am sure it will perform. That big  monster 2 stage would be nice to snag one day.

Glenn

doc724

Yes, I have the single stage.  It will throw snow 15-20 feet in the air and 25-30 feet distant.  Occasionally at the street where the city plows pile it up, I have to go slow or the engine will bog a bit, but it never has failed to clear the drive.  Two stage would be way too heavy for me to ever get it mounted.  As it is, I keep the single stage on a dolly and just slide it into the front hitch.  Assemble the lift bar and attach the belt and I am ready to go.  Putting the weights and chains on takes more time than mounting the blower!

shallowwatersailor

Nice addition!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Attachments are out there, just need to be patient. Get ready for a snow-less winter now.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice addition!  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Attachments are out there, just need to be patient. Get ready for a snow-less winter now.

John,,,,,,exactly. Now we are loaded for the snow bear.  we will end up needing suntan oil cause it will be a record warm spell.

Glenn

Desko

John,,,,,,exactly. Now we are loaded for the snow bear.  we will end up needing suntan oil cause it will be a record warm spell.

Glenn

Don't say that lol I'm done with summer lets get to fall and winter but lets not have sub zero temps like last year.

• Like 2

RMCIII

Glenn - nice find! You just need a winter cab now and you will be all set. Just for the record. If you are able to keep that auger 3/4 full, that snow will easily surpass 30' in distance. I think you saw my video from last year. When I got to the side walk, it was clearing the road, and hitting the other evesment on the other side of the road..... I would say that is a solid 40' plus. Just remember to keep it coated with Snow Jet.

Rob

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

For sure a snow-less winter after my latest Bee-Hind acquisition that I will pickup on Monday. It has the nickname of "dog-eater!" Now I WILL have a piece of equipment for everyday of the week.

Glenn, check around for a New Holland cab to fit the GT22. It is the same cab only in black. Last year I found a place (they don't list any cabs this year) selling the cab to fit the NH GT22 for $510.00 while the Toro WH 5xi cab was $795.00. Call around to the NH dealers. They probably would like to dump them even more than Toro dealers.

Edited by shallowwatersailor

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

John. Who was it? I have been on the phone all morning from Racine. Wisconsin to Rochester. Ny. Nj. Pa. Maryland.

Not one single dealer knew what I was talking about and none could find a part number or a clue of a winter cab.

Thx.......Glenn

shallowwatersailor

John. Who was it? I have been on the phone all morning from Racine. Wisconsin to Rochester. Ny. Nj. Pa. Maryland.

Not one single dealer knew what I was talking about and none could find a part number or a clue of a winter cab.

Thx.......Glenn

Glenn,

It was RJ Parts in Illinois: 1-888-245-8101. They don't list cabs this year on their website though, The New Holland part # is: 716509006, and the Original Tractor Company number is: 10848.

John

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thanks John.

I never ceased to be amazed that other folks " we " know more than the folks that work at various places selling brand items.

New Holland being one. Minimum 5 folks did not HAVE A CLUE. LOL I should call them all back and give them the I told you so.

Glenn

Geno

Really nice blower Glenn. Sorry so late, just got home late last night.  :)

Challenger

Glenn,

Have you contacted Original Cab Company directly?  Do they have any old stock or could they make-up a 5xi cab just for you?

Good luck.

• Like 1

Davenport520

Hello all. I'm new to the forum. Live in Davenport,Iowa. I have a 520H that I have been looking for a snow blower for. Single or dual stage, doesn't matter. I have a 48 in. snow blade, but last winter we had a record snow for the season and I ran out of room to push snow. I've been looking on the internet for blowers for sale, but most all are outdated auctions, or in the Northeast.  Any info on what would fit would be a huge help. Any Wheel Horse owners here close to the Quad Cities area that may have leads would be appreciated also. There doesn't appear to be much in the way of Wheel Horse around here. Most have Big Green or Cub Cadets. I should have joined the forum long ago, but don't usually have much time to be on the computer. Any help is appreciated.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

davenport, you just have to look look look and look. till your sick of looking.

I have a friend grew up in Clarence, Iowa, are you any where near it? just curious.. Oh, and another tip, put FREE ADDS in your local craigslist, to all the craigslist areas that you are willing to travel to. Best of luck.

Glenn

• Like 1

Davenport520

Thanks Glenn.  I'll have to do that, just keep looking. I've heard of people modifying other brands to their Wheel Horses, but I prefer to stay O.E.  As far as your friend from Clarence, I'm only about 40-42 miles from there. Clarence is up on Hwy 30 west of DeWitt. Gorgeous farm country there. Not sure if we'll need a snow thrower this winter, if winter acts anything like this summer has. It's been really mild. Only one day so far above 90. But, I want a snow thrower for future winters when I have too much snow to plow. Last year was crazy. We had over 55 inches for the season, and the weather service stopped keeping count after the first of March, the end of meteorlogical winter. We had another 6 inches or so before the first day of calendar spring.   Thanks again.

• Like 2

RMCIII

Not sure if we'll need a snow thrower this winter, if winter acts anything like this summer has. It's been really mild.

:hilarious:  :hilarious:  :text-yeahthat: is hilarious! Kinda like saying we might see some sunshine in Florida.

Rob

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

If I manage to scrounge up a winter cab. The deal will be sealed.

NO SNOW!

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Heard we are in some sort of cycle. Farmers Alamanac says another just like last year is what I've been hearing. I think T town had almost 90" of white stuff last year. I believe we have had two or three days at 90 degrees in other words Yes, a mild summer. Good looking blower, I had one and sold it because the 522xi went away so I sold the blower. Still have the 520xi with blade so it should handle it. Didn't take blade off until July 15

• Like 2

Davenport520

post-13724-0-45257500-1415563907_thumb.jI finally found a snow blower attachment for my 520H. I was scrolling through Craig's list for the Quad Cities. Went back to postings from early October and found a 36 in. single stage for a good price. Called the person up and they still had it. Don't know how I missed it in October. Turns out he lives in East Moline and is somewhat of a Wheel Horse collector. Now I just have to find or build the lift flag. He didn't have an extra one. Unit is in fair condition. Needs some rust cleaned off and re-painted. I also bought the correct tire chains from him. The ones on now have to be tensioned with bungees.

Edited by Davenport520
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Glenn - just noticed your chute is missing a shield, unless it is just not, put on..... Take a look at mine, you will see a shield, on the lower 1/2 of the chute. No, not a "z" grate, it's an actual shield.

Rob

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Glenn - just noticed your chute is missing a shield, unless it is just not, put on..... Take a look at mine, you will see a shield, on the lower 1/2 of the chute. No, not a "z" grate, it's an actual shield.

Rob

your correct Rob, had to be ordered from toro. 33 bucks I believe.

Glenn

• Like 1