nylyon

How long does it take?

nylyon

The BIG show is in June, and my question to the group is, how long does it take to recover both physically and financially to attend another show?

Here in the east, we have the Big Show in June then the Kent show in September.  I am playing with the idea to have another (RedSquare sponsored) between the 2 OR before or after.  My initial thought is an Octoberfest show, but not sure how that would go with Kent?

jimt1971

As long as it is not the 18th.

Jim

rmaynard

Where would it be held?

nylyon

Brewster, NY

• Like 2

AMC RULES

I'm in...when ever... :handgestures-thumbsup:

just say the :wh: word.

neil

Its gonna take me till 2018 to recover financially  from the 2014  big show , , but what the heck  it was worth it .  Her indoors had a great time and is asking when can we go again

.Im  sure a show in NY would  be a great success.    .ill do me best to attend

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I AM IN. I GO TO ABOUT 8 SHOWS A YEAR AND WANT MORE.

• Like 1

Ken B

An Octoberfest sounds like a swell idea to me Karl. I like the Kent Show but I can easily do both, if I have to choose one or the other I'd be in for the Octoberfest. I think the secret to good attendance and getting some guys to drive some distance is the lure of a good swaporama. We all love to go home with a little something extra, big or small.

• Like 1

nylyon

I have a note into the Tilly Foster Farm people.  They have an antique machine exhibit on-site which is still open.  The farm itself is closed (due to budget) but the exhibit is open and I hope that we can rent the place.  I'll let you know if they get back to me.

19richie66

Guess I am going to have to move north or start my own show in the south. All six of us could do breakfast and talk tractors over some sausage biscuits and gravy. Its a start, lol

• Like 2

SALTYWRIGHT

WHY NOT HAVE IT A DOUBLE D FARMS. THEY WILL HAVE US.

stevebo

I "should" be in the middle of a barn raising project but I would be in for sure. I am hoping that once I get the barn up this fall that I can host this type of event once a year. I really like the fall season and that would be best for my yard. This spring I held a meet and greet at the house and it is wet here in the spring and my grass took a pretty good beating for sure. Fall is dry and the barn is down in back so that would be best for me. Either way I am in !!

Navig8r

If I was able, I would at least come out to meet everyone. On Saturdays, it's me and my infant son and all the shenanigans we can muster, but my wife is off Sunday, so it's the only day we have together.... and I'm not confident I could convince her to go!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Maybe she just needs her own  :wh: tractor.   :teasing-poke:

squonk

I'd like to go but couldn't afford another 10 hr. round trip  :sad: 

nylyon

I was hoping to get something established at this old farm.  They have a small antique machine exhibit (with a Wheel Horse or 2) which would have made a nice distraction.  Very easy to get to (only 1 mile from I84) and a beautiful setting with restaurants, and diners close by.

The farm lost funding early this year, but I thought that the antique machine part was still available for use?  I'll keep trying, I think it would be an outstanding location for a BIG gathering!  Of course Steve's place is rather nice itself too!

fireman

Karl,

The folks at Double D farm are more then willing to let us use there place. They have offered before. I wanted to get something going there in the past and got minimal interest from our membership. This place is nothing like I have ever seen (Russ and Stevebo can verify that!). If you think the Kent show has some great machinery this place beats that 100 fold. I can give you the contact information if you are interested.

Hodge71

Its a 3 1/2 hour ride for me but I would be up for it on a Saturday. Not so much on a Sunday with work at 6 Monday morning. Sounds like it could be a great time!!

SALTYWRIGHT

WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THIS ?

nylyon

Sorry for the long delay on this.  I will start a new topic in the shows area!

AMC RULES

OK...we're ready for the next one Karl.    :)