Lost Pup

New Harbor Freight V-Twin Horozontal Engine Manual

Lost Pup

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/61000-61999/61614.pdf

The online HF ads for August 2014 show the new 22HP horizontal V-twin engine.

My local store does not have it yet.

I have found the online PDF manual for it. Looks like an option for those looking at a repower of their tractors.

22HP .......Perfect for a 520 I just passed up with a blown engine.

FYI

Edited by Lost Pup

Martin

decent looking engine. might be worth looking into, only 1" shaft mentioned in the manual though....

does have a front mounted oil filter for easy access on the horses......

post-4321-0-88371600-1406993326_thumb.pn

Edited by Martin

varosd

looks interesting.  $699.99

GlenPettit

FYI (find a flier):

August 01, 2014

New HF mailer last night -

WP_20140731_18_25_39_Pro.jpg

with a 20% off coupon that $699.99 drops down to $560, so now it might be worth looking into. 

It's not an option for restorations or the purist, but it might be a good choice for those looking to extend the life of a working tractor,

engine parts may be hard to find, but for normal use, users seem to be happy, doubt if you'll get a fraction of the number of years that a Kohler would give.

Edited by GlenPettit

varosd

FYI (find a flier):

August 01, 2014

New HF mailer last night -

WP_20140731_18_25_39_Pro.jpg

with a 20% off coupon that $699.99 drops down to $560, so now it might be worth looking into. 

It's not an option for restorations or the purist, but it might be a good choice for those looking to extend the life of a working tractor,

engine parts may be hard to find, but for normal use, users seem to be happy, doubt if you'll get a fraction of the number of years that a Kohler would give.

I think some of that fine print on the coupons exclude Predator engines like the tool chest, floor jacks etc.  will check

km3h

From the looks of that exhaust muffler cover they may be targeting the Wheel Horse owners.

Sparky

So generally these motors are "cloned" from a known brand. Anyone have an idea if this one is a cloned motor? Maybe after a Briggs Vanguard or something along those lines?

Mike........

km3h

I am told that the smaller motors are Honda clones. Maybe these are also. I have read that parts were interchangeable with Honda on the smaller ones.

Aldon

The predator's were/are honda clones.

They were supplied originally by Lifun from China.

Not sure who supplies them these days....

boovuc

OK. Older WH engines had one inch crank shafts if I'm correct in thinking that. So which ones had one inch shafts that we could put these clones on a WH factory PTO bell?

dodgemike

I repowered a snowblower this

Winter with the Predator engine.

Very satisfied with it for a working

Piece of equipment. If these new

Motors are as good I am in.

Due to economics, I guess I have

Joined the throwaway society.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

can whlvr

iknow my 1986 308 had the 1 inch shaft,pretty sure that all 8hp motors had the inch shaft

Martin

might be a good repower for the workhorse tractors. the briggs twin used a 1" shaft........

953 nut

http://manuals.harborfreight.com/manuals/61000-61999/61614.pdf

The online HF ads for August 2015 show the new 22HP horizontal V-twin engine.

My local store does not have it yet.

I have found the online PDF manual for it. Looks like an option for those looking at a repower of their tractors.

22HP .......Perfect for a 520 I just passed up with a blown engine.

FYI

You must be a time traveler, seeing a "2015 ad"  :ROTF:   :text-lol:

It is an interesting option for repowers, I had a 12 HP HF honda  clone in an 855 and it was a good runner, but hard to regulate the speed. If it was in a hydro that wouldn't be a problem at all.

shallowwatersailor

A sleeve to bring the shaft to 1 1/8" could be used. My concern is the oil filter. What is available for it? Hopefully the engine would be a Honda clone and be able to use that application. Looks promising!

Lost Pup

Back to 2014.

:)

You must be a time traveler, seeing a "2015 ad"  :ROTF:   :text-lol:

It is an interesting option for repowers, I had a 12 HP HF honda  clone in an 855 and it was a good runner, but hard to regulate the speed. If it was in a hydro that wouldn't be a problem at all.

A honda GX 660 Clone.

Maybe ??

http://engines.honda.com/models/model-detail/gx660

A sleeve to bring the shaft to 1 1/8" could be used. My concern is the oil filter. What is available for it? Hopefully the engine would be a Honda clone and be able to use that application. Looks promising!

Don1977

There isn't a crank shaft bearing listed so it must be a bushing engine. It won't take the side thrust of the manual PTO you would have to use an electric clutch.  That 

make it another couple hundred more it you don't have a 1" electric clutch or a thrust bearing off a Briggs power Wheel Horse.

• Like 1

Pullstart

The 25% 0ff coupon from slick deals below doesn't mention engines which makes it $524.25 plus tax 

http://slickdeals.net/f/1276399-harbor-freight-coupon-thread

I think a lot of the sale items say that the sale coupon isn't valid with any other discount offers at the time.  it might be worth checking into before assuming the lower price.

DrabHorse

There isn't a crank shaft bearing listed so it must be a bushing engine. It won't take the side thrust of the manual PTO you would have to use an electric clutch.  That 

make it another couple hundred more it you don't have a 1" electric clutch or a thrust bearing off a Briggs power Wheel Hors

I was wondering about the crank bearings also.  And the engine looks rather tall and with a low crank height, so If you had to raise it up off the frame some then it might be too high to clear the hood.

I think a lot of the sale items say that the sale coupon isn't valid with any other discount offers at the time.  it might be worth checking into before assuming the lower price.

It is usually okay on an item with normal in the store sale price and use a  20% or 25% off coupon with them.  I think you would not be able to use the coupons on something that was a "special sale", like a clearance on a scratch and dent item, or using 2 coupons on one item such a item sale coupon plus the 20% off coupon, ect.