Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

Can I add a 4 lug hub assy on my 90 520?

Raider12

I have a 1990 520H with the swept front axle. I would like to add a 4 bolt hub assy to the front spindles. Has anyone done this conversion yet? :banghead:

Denver

kj4kicks

Hi Denver, You have 1" spindles and tapered bearings. Just curious as to what you're hoping to gain? If you want to do the conversion, a hub with 1" ID bearings and the correct length to match your spindles, should work.E.

Raider12

Just curious as to what you're hoping to gain? If you want to do the conversion, a hub with 1" ID bearings and the correct length to match your spindles, should work.E.

What Im hoping to achieve is to be able to use a nice aluminum rim. I have been looking at some super sweet looking aluminum rims. :banghead: But the better looking ones have a 4 lug bolt pattern. I have found some hubs sets. But I have never had my wheels off yet to take any measurments. :USA:

Denver

Attached Image

post-7-1223030461.jpg

Raider12

Here is a pic of the wheels I have found. This is just a thought. The wheels are turning for the winter project.

Attached Image

post-7-1223030274.jpg

bell

I've actually been thinking about doing the same thing. I bought a set of SWEET looking wheels with brand new tires (4.80-8) at a swap meet... I have 3/4" hubs. I found a set that I think will work, through Northern Hydraulics.

Kelly

I found a set of rear hubs of a three wheeled work thing, old, at the local junk yard that are a straight fit, even had 8" rims on them, but I think some small boat trailer/snowmobile hubs might fit, mine are the one inch spindles, I'm putting them on the loader frontend, just so I can change from wide tires to narrow if I want and not have to mess with the bearings, and I got them cheap. :banghead:

Nick

Now there is an idea. With bolt on hubs a person could quickly change from 3 rib tires to wider tires and back, depending on the conditiions, . Nice for a loader tractor. :banghead:

Kelly

And with the loader you don't even need a jack, just break the nuts loose and lift the front end with the loader, that was the plan, I have 480x8's and 7x16.5x8's and 9.5x18x8's ready on rims