Sign in to follow this  
perry

new style index lever

perry

i ordered a new index lever for the B100 and got a shock when i open the box. i have never seen them look like this. must be a new design uh?.

looks like it should work pretty darn good going around the brake pedal. i thought atleast it would have come with the rubber handle grip on it.

i hope to have the B100 suited up and all done today :D .

111AAAwhB100003.jpg

111AAAwhB100002.jpg

Curmudgeon

Granted, the rubber hand grip would be nice, but wouldn't that be akin to expecting a tire on a new wheel? LOL

Dale

Rollerman

It does have a differant look with all the bends?

How many eye bolts will it take to run the cable?

PS the grip is on the crankshaft PTO...... :D

TT

That's the only major thing they changed on the newest dozer blades.... the angle release plunger is cable controlled. (look up model number 79364 at Toro or PartsTree)

The old 1/8" "indexing rods" and the little triangular "index plate" are no longer used, so now the handle can have all sorts of weird bends in it and it doesn't matter.

You might have a heck of a time getting the old style release rods to work right with that new handle, but you could always change your blade over to the new release cable. (The cable alone is about $29.00 !)

By the way, the grip is P/N 5359 and is less than $4. :D

Rollerman

Terry I'm looking at the master parts viewer now....

Are you saying the cable runs direct from the plunger all the way up to the lever at the top of the index lever?

Have not seen the newest style yet & the pic is a little vague. :D

If so the cable would be a much better setup...can't count how many times I have broke the wire running from the lever to the index plate :P

T-Mo

Is this the 105-1501 kit? If so there is an installation manual that you can down load from Toro.

TT

Yes, it's a one piece cable from the plunger up to the release grip on the lever.

Apparently 105-1501 is a type of retrofit kit for the older blades, but for $83.22 you only get the lever, grip, and cable. There also has to be guides or clips somewhere on the A frame and of course the clevis to fasten the cable to the plunger is seperate too. I haven't seen one "live and in person" yet, but I imagine the cable is in a housing of some sort. (like an e-brake cable on a vehicle)

I'll have to investigate further.

TT

I just looked at the manual for the blade at Toro. (Form No. 3326

perry

been in the shop all day but never got around to the B100. i was wondering about the angle too. i dont think the wire is gonna hook up to it. do you'all know if they still make the old style lever?. i ordered this from the parts tree store. i looked up the parts for a 1976 B-100 and the pic and part # that i ordered was the old style. i opened up the box and got this. may have to send this one back. figures its now scratched up from bolting it on.

i sure do miss my local WH dealer :D .

TT

It appears as though the old 104340 lever is now NLA from Toro and has superceeded to 94-6686-01, which is no doubt the crooked one that you have.

There HAS to be a used lever floating around somewhere. or, as previously mentioned, check with a welding/fabrication shop for a piece of steel and make one. (I'll gladly give you the bend and hole location measurements)

perry

my buddy has one on his b100 i could measure from. i almost did make one but he talked me out of it witch is a shock, i dont ever buy anything new if i dont have to.

WheelHorse_of_course

Or....

"unkink" this one!

If you run it over with the tractor that should do it!

Happy New Year to all my new friends at Red Square.

Rolf