jdleach

People Sure are Proud of their Trailers

Geno

This is the smartest thing I've seen all day, and 2 Horses are always better than one!   :eusa-clap:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Why stop at just two?    :scratchead:

• Like 3

Geno

Why didn't I think of that?   :eusa-doh:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Did you see the post yesterday where the fella fit a GT14 in a mini van? It was great.......Also because I have a mini van.

Glenn

• Like 2

zieg72

I have a 8x10 tilt trailer in NW Indiana $450, clear Indiana title in my name, comes with a matching spare

I've hauled dozen of WH tractors with it.

post-96-0-08176900-1406505475_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-13454800-1406505506_thumb.jpg

Tankman

More Stallions, one at each stop! Inspirational as well as the beginning of WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction).

Great solution even if it did come from a Squid!   :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

This Squid must have an engineering degree, masters too! Anchors away!

You can send the Ms. to town, she can mow too ya know! Job'll be done in 1/2 the time!

While she's gone, you can drink some fish and catch a few beers!

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1

jdleach

Why stop at just two? :scratchead:

I will probably not stop at two, but for right now, two Horseys are all I am will to spring for. There are some folks who will collect a pile of tractors, and restore/refurbish just a handful, the rest are stored in various states of decay or disrepair. There isn't anything wrong with that, as long as the tractors are kept out of the weather. Too, it keeps them from being scrapped.

I am of the anal sort that has to get something back to almost new condition when I purchase it. Knowing myself to be this type, I figured if I buy an old Horse for 4 or 5 hundred dollars, I will not stop dumping money and work into it till I have about $800 or more invested. This is what happened to my 312-8. A $400 tractor that now only remotely resembles the one I use now. And I am still not done, as there are things that still needs addressing, and that bug the crap out of me.

Economically speaking, just one tractor at a time for me.

Then again, there may come that deal you just can't refuse.

• Like 1

zieg72

If the trailer is gone, I can't pick them up anymore...  I used to haul 3 to 4 home at once

km3h

Just think, if you put another tractor at your other property, each time you drive out there you will be anticipating the seat time on your little red horse. That should help pass the time while driving.

boovuc

That actually does make sense IF!!!!! you can secure that horse!

I would love to keep one of my tractors at my camp which is no more than three miles south and up a mountain from my home in the east end of what we refer to as Happy Valley but is actually Nittany Valley here in Clinton County, PA.

Trouble is, unless I have a small Fort Knox at my camp, it would surely be stolen. No Law enforcement in the state forests, not enough PA Dept of Conservation and Natural Resources rangers to patrol the vast amount of forest to discourage the lawlessness in the rural areas of our state. I bought a trailer to mow camp and to mow my relatives place in a nearby town. It is cheaper than replacing a tractor and the doors on a small shed every other month!

Pretty sad but true!

oldlineman

Sounds like the pony express to me a horse at every stop!

• Like 1

Foozerush

Sorta the same story here.... Got tired of taking the 42" deck off the 416-8 and loading it in my Jeep commanche with my heavy steel folding ramps to the rental to mow there. Looked at a couple trailers and thought to my self it's cheaper to get a 2nd WH to keep over there, less hassle, less gas, and double seat time on 2 diff tractors. Win Win. So far I have experienced that I get 2 mows more on a tank of gas with the 310-8 than my 416-8 with the Onan. And my back thanks me for not lifting the ramps a lot, come to think about it, haven't used the ramps since I dropped the 310 off at the rental this past spring..... Win Win.... Gregg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel-N-It

Good idea and reason to buy a 2nd Wheel Horse. Just make sure you lock everything down good and tight.

312Hydro

Did you see the post yesterday where the fella fit a GT14 in a mini van? It was great.......Also because I have a mini van.

Glenn

You may want to look at this thread-

• Like 1

tunahead72

I did almost exactly the same thing back in 2001, for the same reasons, and it's worked out well for me, absolutely no regrets.  Don't kid yourself though, you'll now have one more tractor and mower to keep running, which may or may not be a problem depending on whether parts are available in "the sticks".

On my last trip in the fall, I usually check the tractor and mower carefully, pull the deck off and bring it back home with me to give it a thorough cleaning, blade sharpening, greasing, etc.  I also take the battery out and bring it back with me to keep it charged over the winter.  And then in the spring, I also bring parts with me to do a nice tune-up, oil change and lube, replace filters, belts, etc.  Expect the unexpected, especially if you have mice or other critters out there.  And get used to the idea of checking the blower housing and other areas for mouse nests every time you start the engine, it will save you a lot of aggravation in the long run.  You'll probably also want to use some Startron or Stabil in your fuel if you have to store it for long periods of time (which you probably will).

Good luck, hope it works out for you! :handgestures-thumbup:

fabricator2009

Great idea. Makes sense. You obviously don't work for the government.

• Like 2

WH nut

I did the same thing, except I keep two tractors at the cabin just in case. Nothing worse than driving 200 miles to enjoy the cabin and a tractor breaks part way through the cutting. If that happens I pull out the other and keep mowing.  Worry about the fix later.