Butch

Scrap

Butch

If you put something made of metal out to the street, withing 24 hours someone

will have picked it up. I have 12 brake rotors. Do you think they would get picked

up?

zieg72

Should be picked up in a heartbeat.

AMC RULES

With the state of our economy? 

Probably already gone.   :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

Butch

Thanks guys! I'll put'm out!!

Geno

Absolutely, they are bringing 1.50 each right now here.  :)

bowtieguy

Some times ya don't even have to put them "out on the street"...I had one scrapper ask me if I wanted to scrap the Lawn Ranger that was sitting in my driveway!....at least I've got a pic of that guy on my "game camera"~~Wed is trash day...last year the scrappers starting driving the streets on TUES, then MONs....today is Sunday and I saw a scrapper hauling a metal desk behind his trash car equipped with a hitchpacker~~...yep, Obummer economy sucks!

• Like 4

Geno

You tell 'em bowtieguy.  There will be no Wheel Horse scrapping!   :naughty:    

dennist

Some times ya don't even have to put them "out on the street"...I had one scrapper ask me if I wanted to scrap the Lawn Ranger that was sitting in my driveway!....at least I've got a pic of that guy on my "game camera"~~Wed is trash day...last year the scrappers starting driving the streets on TUES, then MONs....today is Sunday and I saw a scrapper hauling a metal desk behind his trash car equipped with a hitchpacker~~...yep, Obummer economy sucks!

Geno- 1 brake rotor..........$1.50

12 brake rotors....$18.00

Bowtieguy- those last three words........PRICELESS!

• Like 1

Butch

Well, I've got 12 rotors.

SousaKerry

Hell if you lived anywhere near me my Stepson would have already had them in the back of his S-10.   Guy across the street got him started on scrapping now we can't make him stop.  He has a full time job now but will get off of work and go out scrapping. 

Worst thing is he will spend all day running around with the neighbor and bring home maybe $20, he probably spent more then that in gas.  :kbutt:

• Like 1

zieg72

I used to have a growing scrap pile that I would whittle down when I got a deal on a junk car that I would buy just to fill it up with the scrap and run it across the scale.  Don't do much of that anymore though only being home on the weekends