CasualObserver

Pioneer Power Show, LeSueur, MN Aug 22-24

CasualObserver

30 days now until the LeSueur, MN Pioneer Power Show. Just wanted to pop this up on people's radars. This will our 7th year showing Wheel Horses at this show.

Got to meet several :rs: members who made the trip for the first time last year, looking forward to seeing any of them back as well as catching up with all the regulars.  As always... hoping for new faces as well.  The Pioneer Power club has been very receptive to us showing Wheel Horses at their show, in fact, it's brought about a whole new contingent of garden tractor exhibitors outside the realm of the regular hit and miss gas engine crowd.  All in all, it's been fun to be a part of growing a little bit of this show.

Last year I posted the following info which some people said was quite helpful, so I'll include it here again.

You can get official information and  showground map off the website http://www.pioneerpowershow.com but that doesn't really show what you guys need to know.  It's best to get in at the Alternate gate, in the parking lot.  Go in , turn left and go about 100 feet.  That's where we set up.  Fill in along the building first, and then across the lane as needed.  We're supposed to have the whole area, but some other brands often end up filling in across the street too.

First, here's the location of the show grounds, just off Hwy 26 between LeSueur and Montgomery on 265th Ave, just a few miles north of LeCenter.  (Click images for larger versions)

GPS address  34605 265th Ave, Le Sueur, Mn

LeSueurgrounds2.jpg

And here's the actual grounds.....One thing to remember, as you look at this map, North is to the left, East is up.

LeSueurgrounds1.jpg

Looking forward to another great show.  Don't forget your lawn chairs!! drinking_buddies.gif

• Like 4

bowtieguy

Anyone from Missouri going?....might put this show on my "bucket list"...any suggestion on a good place to stay?

• Like 1

dclarke

Anyone from Missouri going?....might put this show on my "bucket list"...any suggestion on a good place to stay?

Frank, My wife and I went last year and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Mankato. About 20 -30 minutes from the show. I'd stay there again........... This is a NICE show.

Edited by dclarke

CasualObserver

Glad to hear it Frank! I think you'd find it worth the trip.  The club owns 110 acres that the show is held on... so this is not a small show.  Hopefully your fellow Missourian Mike L (ol550) or the Steve (stevasaurus) will chime in.  Mike used to camp, but I believe he said it cost more in gas to bring the camper than to stay in the hotel in town, and I believe Steve has stayed at a couple different hotels in the 5 or 6 years he's been here.  

Like Denny said, Mankato isn't too far away and has several chain brand options... Holiday Inn Express, Days Inn, Best Western, etc...   St. Peter is just a little north of there (closer to the show) and also has a few chain options... AmericInn, Super 8  maybe another.... and there is one small motel in LeSueur itself, but it is usually booked by show attendees at this point.  Never know though... might always be a cancellation.

For anyone considering... remember, this is a show only!  There is no swap meet at this event per Pioneer Power's rules. They hold their annual swap meet in April, and do not allow selling at the summer show (except for show feature vendors up in the feature building and some craft stuff in the ladies buildings)  Now of course, this doesn't mean that private dealing can't go on in the parking lot or camping area... but please don't bring along a load of items expecting to lay them out for sale.  It's not allowed, and has caused a big problem in the past. The NCWHEC is invited to display at Pioneer Power's show and we graciously abide by their rules.

Anyone else thinking about coming?  I'm of course expecting most of the regulars. (joebob, rydogg, MNwhfan, TerryM, prondzy, shynon, ol550, stevasaurus and several non-RS club members from the area)  Denny, Martin?  Either of you got time to make the trip this year?

• Like 1

dclarke

Jason, I wanna think Martin is coming. I doubt I'll be able to make it. We'll see.

Shynon

There is also an awesome golf (sod cutting),game on Monday.

Tom

stevasaurus

I've been staying at the Super 8 in Mankato...nice, clean rooms at a good price.  Looking forward to this show again...and that awesome game of Golf on Monday.  :)

Frank...they have excellent food their at the show...did I mention that they have a beer tent also??  :):orcs-cheers:

Here is their phone # 1-507-387-0600

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

squonk

I'm too far away to go and it's probably a good thing. I know where Steve's lawn chair will be set up and mine would be right next to it!  :)   :orcs-cheers:  :sleeping-drool:  :teasing-blah:  :beer: 

• Like 1

Martin

Jason, I'm really not sure if we will be going this year. so many commitments right now. Jeanine is also traveling weekly for work to Nevada and Arizona, so i need to work out whats going on.

i doubt we would be camping this year if we did go....... :angry-cussingblack: <<<<guess who?

• Like 2

squonk

:sleeping-drool:                                        :teasing-blah: 

Squonk                                     Steve

:)  :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

prondzy

Will be there on Thursday night (camping) leaving on Sunday looking forward to seeing everyone there. If you can make it you should go it is a really nice show with lots of space!

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Less than three weeks to go.

2014LeSueurFlyer.jpg

• Like 1

prondzy

Everyone getting excited? just eight days remaining.

• Like 1

Shynon

Finishing up on last minute things, plan on leaving late Thursday afternoon. Got to find the golf clubs (sod cutters). Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Tom

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Anybody heard from Dennis???  He would be a forth in the golf thing for sure.  :)

ol550

Got a couple loaded this afternoon. Trying to get two more ready if I can figure out which.

Wife heard from Dennis' mom and he's been working on another, so my guess is he'll be

there.

• Like 2

mnWHfan

I am planning to be there on Friday and Saturday and then golfing on Monday.  I have not touched a club since we played two years ago, so it should be interesting.  From the Pioneer Power meeting last month, their featured tractor this year are just classic tractors from the 60's and 70's.  I think that they are trying to pull in some younger folks and I am excited to see what comes.  They are also having a vintage snowmobile expo as well and had claimed that there are already commitments for over 100 snowmobiles that would be there.  I'm hoping to have the project that I have been working on for the past 2 1/2 years done to show, but I am still waiting on a couple of the main body pieces to arrive so it might not make it.  I am looking forward to seeing all of you this week.

Dennis

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Looks like we may have a 4-some this year...Tom, Dennis, Joe and me.  If there are any more we can make this work.  I will make a Tee time today...thinking between 9:00 and 9:30 AM on Monday...if that is OK.  :)

I just made a Tee time for 9:20AM...but as usual...we will have the course to ourselves, so we can go earlier if all are there.

:banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance:

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

I will warn any wildlife that may be on the course what time you will be there!  :)  :ychain:

Shynon

Hope its not 100 in the shade this year so we can play 18.

stevasaurus

Should be like near 80...maybe high 70's this year.  :woohoo:

Mike, if there is any wild life on the course, they will know to stand in the middle of the fairway when I swing.  That is the safest place. :)

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Only two days to go until show time!  

stevasaurus

I just finished packing up...gas up in the morning and hit the road.  Bringing the 702 this year....might do one of two parades this year, seeing the 50's/60's tractors are featured.  :)

Looking to get there around 1:00 or 2:00 PM.  maybe earlier. 

• Like 2

squonk

Steve , do you have your checkered pants and white belt for the golf outing?

Shynon

Steve , do you have your checkered pants and white belt for the golf outing?  :ROTF: