stevebo

Work Meet and Greet @Stevebo's House ??

stevebo

All-

I have been wanting to build a exposed timberframe barn (just like the blacksmith barn at the Kent Show) for years. I came very close back in 2012 but had to postpone it until this fall. I should have the final drawings back from the engineer with his stamp on them so I can go and pull my permit. The barn is going to be 24' x 36' with another 12' slab off the back side for uncovered storage :hide: ..... I am working with the concrete guy as I will be digging the foundation with my terramite and curtain drain in front of the barn. I am unable to have a dump truck drive down in back where the barn is going so I will be in need of some "hauling help" of the gravel from the driveway down to the back. I was wondering if any local members want to bring they're tractors and dump carts over for a workout one Saturday in August or September? I am not sure what the date will be but looking to see if anyone is willing to help. For those of you who only have show queens and do not want to work them, I have more than enough workers at the house but not enough drivers.... Let me know in this thread if you would be interested. Of course lunch will be served and buy and selling/swapping will be going on that day I am sure...  :happy-partydance: 

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I'm in.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Dibs on the Senior...I'll bring the trailer. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

Fun Engineer

Wish you were closer Steve. Sounds like a great time.

Sent from my tractor seat.

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

STEVE I WILL BE THERE. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH AN 85 YEAR OLD CAN DO, BUT I WILL TRY. I WILL BRING A WORKER WHEEL HORSE. RUSS

stevebo

Russ,

At 85 years young I think you will have the job of foreman !! 

SALTYWRIGHT

YOU MEAN I CAN BOSS YOU AROUND ?

• Like 2

stevebo

Well lets not get crazy....

• Like 1

squonk

Too bad  "The King" doesn't have a loader!  :helmet:

stevebo

Mike-

Not sure who you are calling the King (your Economy?) however there will be loader here to load up the carts with gravel. 

• Like 1

Ken B

Count me in...

RMCIII

Did you say that barn was being built in PA? :laughing-rofl: Long drive from Cleveland, PA is a lot closer :ychain:

VinsRJ

I would be willing to beat on one of your tractors.

• Like 2

CasualObserver

Russ,

At 85 years young I think you will have the job of foreman !! 

Steve... give that man a camera, a lawn chair and a lemonade!  

Wish I wasn't so far away, I'd love to help. Sounds like an awesome project and a lot of fun to be had.  

Like the old Wheel Horse ads say.... Get more done-Have more fun!

Getmoredone.jpg

• Like 4

racin_ny

I may be able to make it of it is in September . I'm crazy busy in August so that would be out. I have a tractor and dump cart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squonk

Mike-

Not sure who you are calling the King (your Economy?) however there will be loader here to load up the carts with gravel. 

Wasn't there an Economy Power King at your M & G ?

fireman

You know I'm in!

wallfish

Guess it all depends on the date. I sure wouldn't mind helping out with the loader and letting Russ boss me around a bit!

tunahead72

Probably too far for me, and I hope to be involved in some work on our house about that time, but I do LOVE timber frame barns...

Are you doing the framing work yourself or hiring someone?  Do you have any photos of what your barn will look like?  Will there be a raising party?

stevebo

Ed,

You can goggle HARVEST MOON TIMBER FRAME. The company is out if Morris ct which is about 25 min ride from my house. It will be 24'x36' with 16' x 24 up top and 12 x 24 down below. The main area below will be wide open floor to ceiling 24x24 except a 24' x5' tractor shelf. I plan on installing a shed off the back side about 12' x 36 and put a roof over it then maybe fully enclose it.. I should have the final stamped drawings back from engineer tomorrow. I am spending more than it would cost for typical stick built construction but in my opinion it will be well worth the money when done.

• Like 1

stevebo

Guys-

If all goes well I think I should have the concrete work started this upcoming week. If all goes well I would like to have a little work party on Sunday September 8th starting around 10 am. It is not confirm 100% but I should have confirmation mid week next week. Sorry for the short notice but I have had lots of trouble with securing a concrete contractor. Long story but I guess I just have to laugh about it. 

If you are able to make it with your horse and trailer to help haul gravel please let me know. I have 3 trailers and lots of horses if you need to use mine that is fine too. Please respond here if you can make it on Sunday the 8th. Thanks!!

PS I feed the unpaid help too :ychain:

RMCIII

Don't forget that :text-worthless: !!!!!!!!

fireman

First Sunday in September is the 7th. but I should be there! Maybe if Karl can come he can set up the "Live Feed" again like the show and everyone could watch.

Edited by fireman

AMC RULES

Yep, I'm in Steve...bringing my trailer too.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

post-3498-0-92759300-1385685101_thumb.jp
  • Like 2

SALTYWRIGHT

I AM IN. BUT I DO NOT HAVE A TRAILER. I WILL BRING A TRACTOR. RUSS

stevebo

All-

More masonry woes..... Contractor was suppose to be here yesterday morning to start the job and NO SHOW ! I hope he shows up today. Either way I will not be ready to have the work meet this Sunday. I will keep you posted on progress.. 

Man I have to say the grouping of masons I had in to bid this are just so unreliable.... I guess they just don't need the money that bad. 

• Like 1