Sparky

THIS IS NOT AN AD!

Sparky

Like I said, this is not an AD and I don't work for the manufacturer of this product (but I'm a believer!)

That being said I bought this mouse poison about 6 months ago to use in my shed, got it home and tossed it on the workbench in the garage and completely forgot about it. A couple weeks ago I found a barely alive mouse sitting in my garage under my 1054. Scooped it up with a leather glove and let it go in the woods(to die of course).

I have wondered ever since where it came from and why it was dyeing. Yesterday I was in the garage and cleared some stuff off the bench to find the mouse poison package....with a hole chewed thru the small plastic window on the box AND thru the plastic bag that contained the poison!

This stoooopid mouse musta smelled the poison thru all the packaging and plastic and managed to get to the good stuff which was ultimately his demise.

I can only think that if it was that tempting thru two layers of plastic then it must be absolutely fantastic when loaded into a bait box! Its now in the shed properly setup in the bait box for my next victim.

post-2-0-77682800-1405980359_thumb.jpg

Mike..........

dcrage

Mike

The only downside to that stuff is it does not have an antidote for when your stupid a__ puppy who eats any and everything finds it -- Fortunately this dog would have needed to eat the whole package -- He survived no worse for the incident -- I am just several $s shorter from the trip to the E-vet

jwl

I've been really on the line the last few yrs about this poison stuff, but decided to go with bait boxes outdoors, instead of in the house. So far we have a lot less mice inside, so im assuming there dieing outside where we don't see them. I put the glue traps down in the house and they work really well for the five or six that make in that far.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I bought some of that a month ago for a garage mouse and they were nibbling on it.  The plastic case to hold it prevents most other animals from eating it accidentally.  I was also using peanut butter on a spring trap and that got him good.  Splat!   The mouse licked the trap clean twice before I got it.  

RMCIII

Something that is a real "killer" is fly bait and coca-cola. Mix one 1bsp. of fly bait to 1/2 can of fresh coca-cola. ANYTHIG that eats this stuff will die almost instantly. Keep pets and anything that you love away from this stuff. It works that good. Be prepared to place lots of dead animals in a dumpster on be ready to dig lots of holes.

Rob

• Like 1

CasualObserver

That's interesting. My mice loved Tomcat. Emptied all the bait traps and stashed every damn bit of it in my tractors! I've had better luck with D-con outdoors and indoors I also use peanut butter on spring traps. Been thinking of trying one of those 5 gallon bucket traps but I've never gotten around to it.

Via Tapatalk 4

stevebo

Last winter I had used engine oil in the drain pan sitting on the garage floor. A few days later I found 4 of these little critters submersed in the used oil and dead. I have to say it must have been a terrible way to die.... :)  I HATE mice around my place as they get into EVERYTHING !!

Docwheelhorse

I'm all for killing the B#$%#$%tad*89689s but draw the line at poison...

Not because I care about the mice.... but for 2 reasons---1)the mice get a tummy full and crawl into your __________ insert antique car, boat, tractor etc.... and curl up and die and then its a pita to clean out. Or 2) they get a tummy full and head off into the woods and ____________ insert owl, hawk, bird of prey, cat.... whatever eats the mouse and dies themselves. I prefer either baiting and trapping (it works but is labor intensive) or the classic red neck trap with the 5 gallon bucket, string across top with soda can/peanut butter with a couple inches of non toxic anti-freeze in the bottom. They slip fall in and drown and thats that.

Just my .02....

Tony

Post 1000 Baby!

Edited by Docwheelhorse
  • Like 1