barns1

1974 C160 Turns Out To Be 1975 C161

barns1

Hi All, Been awhile do to some major illnesses. Feeling good enough to get back tending to the Horses. I think what got me going again is seeing a 1974 C160 advertised. I thought, I'll just call about it being it is only about 25 miles away. Next thing you know I'm in my truck heading that way. The next thing after that I'm unloading it at our house bring the total Horses to five. One thing I forgot to check in all of my excitement was the model number. It looked all original so I guess I wasn't too worried about it. When I got it unloaded I checked the model number and engine number. Model number is 1-0381, 5091 and the engine number is K341s-711128A. The model number shows to be a 1975 C161. It seems like somewhere in the posts, when I was active before, that Wheel Horse labeled some of the C161's as C160's or something like that. I tried doing a search with no luck. Thought maybe someone remembers. It's good to be back with a group of great people.

Sparky

The C-161 was a 1978-79 model only to the best of my knowledge. The C-160's were 1974-1977.

Mike...........

rmaynard

The 1-0381 is a 1975 C-160, not a C-161. The C-161 did not arrive until 1978.

Sparky

1-0381 1975 C Series Garden Tractor C-161 8-Speed Kohler K341S-71128A 16 Wheel Horse 5091

I found this in our model# list with a typo. I fixed it to read C-160 in the master list.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mike............

barns1

Thanks for filling me in, it makes me feel better. I must have looked at  info that was wrong or misprinted. Anyway thanks again.

Edited by barns1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Welcome back. And when you get a chance give us a picture of that new pony.

Glenn

can whlvr

so does anyone know if the 1-0385 is a typo.its listed as a c-162,with a tecky ,1974

rmaynard

so does anyone know if the 1-0385 is a typo.its listed as a c-162,with a tecky ,1974

Here's a little reading material for you Don.

Wheel-N-It

Yep, we need a pic of that one please :)

tbarnhart

I've got one of those, but always wondered how rare they were. As far as I know, they are a regular C-160 with a HH160 Tecumseh replacing the K341 Kohler. Only differences that I know of are the hood hinges that raise the hood up to clear the OHV Techy and the wiring is different because of the different ignition. Everything else is standard C-160.

barns1

Thanks everyone. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.