jfuhr83

Scored 2, so now I'm new here

jfuhr83

My dad inherited these from my

grandpa when he had to move into a care facility. My dad isn't mechanically inclined so I'm now the proud owner of these two

dytyme4u.jpg

One is an '86 310-8, the other is a 44-16.

Got them both running the first day, had to steal the battery and a front wheel off the 44-16 for the 310-8 because the 44-16 needs a mower deck belt, my 2 and 4 yr old kids loved getting to ride along while I mowed the yard. I think I had both mowers running and the yard mowed in barely more time than it usually takes me to push mow 3/4 acre

Was looking for the deck belt for the 44-16 and I found this place. Now I'm excited. I can get a snow blower, a tiller, and a grader blade? If I could get a small loader for it I think i was dreaming.

I do have some questions though.

Where is the best place to find parts like belts, air filters etc. Ebay, TSC, Napa?

Is the 44-16 good for anything but mowing, ie. Can you put any of the attachments on it?

Anybody know the belt length for the deck of the 44-16?

Thanks

John.

• Like 4

rexman72

welcome to the group and glad you have those tractors

oneroadkingman

WELCOME to the group .look on the belts and see if there are any numbers u can make out.if u cant just thak the belt with u t a napa store and they will find one for u good luck with your project.

jfuhr83

Problem is the belt I have for it is completely shredded. I'm concerned it might also be stretched so I don't want to just measure it

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square.  :)  Check the manual section for manuals for those horses...they will give you all the numbers for all the parts.  TORO should have most of what you are looking for, but they can be pricey...but they are the right part.  Use the want ads section for any attachments you are looking for.  And above all...enjoy this sight and your new horses.  :)

• Like 1

jfuhr83

Tried to bring up the manual section but web browser gives me a blank page and tapatalk sends me back to forum home screen

Martin

can you get to them this way?

toro might have one for the 44-16.

Sparky

Now I'm excited. I can get a snow blower, a tiller, and a grader blade? If I could get a small loader for it I think i was dreaming.

Is the 44-16 good for anything but mowing, ie. Can you put any of the attachments on it?

I think any real chores should be left to your true garden tractor, the 310-8. The other one should be used strictly for mowing in my opinion. Its not heavy duty enough to plow or till a garden.

:WRS:

Mike...........

AMC RULES

Glad to see you've joined us here. 

jfuhr83

I think any real chores should be left to your true garden tractor, the 310-8. The other one should be used strictly for mowing in my opinion. Its not heavy duty enough to plow or till a garden.

Mike...........

Thats what it was looking like to me, but 16hp is much better than 10 so I thought ind ask

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

John. Welcome. You have quite a collection for a newcomer. Best of luck.

Glenn

1maidenfan

:woohoo:  :WRS:

boovuc

Don't base assumptions of power on horse power alone. Especially with newer tractors. The manufacturers way over-rated the horsepower on mowers for years plus the cast iron Kohlers, Briggs and Tecky's were probably under-rated in their stated horsepower.

Try this...........get on the 10 horse garden tractor and pull something, anything in both high and low range. Now try to pull the same with the vertical shaft 16 horse. I think you'll figure out where I'm coming from! 

• Like 1

jackhammer

What he said ,,   and welcome to RedSquare

posifour11

Tried to bring up the manual section but web browser gives me a blank page and tapatalk sends me back to forum home screen

I do my browsing on my phone. I have to switch to the "full version" to see the manuals section. Hopefully, that's the problem.

• Like 1

jfuhr83

I do my browsing on my phone. I have to switch to the "full version" to see the manuals section. Hopefully, that's the problem.

Thanks. That worked.

Molon_Labe

Welcome to the addiction and Red Square!!!

brandonozz

Best part of your tractors are their history and keeping your grandfathers tools working on into the future - like Wheel Horses are supposed to do!

Lagersolut

Don't base assumptions of power on horse power alone. Especially with newer tractors. The manufacturers way over-rated the horsepower on mowers for years plus the cast iron Kohlers, Briggs and Tecky's were probably under-rated in their stated horsepower.

Try this...........get on the 10 horse garden tractor and pull something, anything in both high and low range. Now try to pull the same with the vertical shaft 16 horse. I think you'll figure out where I'm coming from! 

This all day long - that 310-8 will run, pull , plow and till circles around the 44.

Edited by Golds-Red

Geno

Welcome to the club.  :text-welcomewave:

jfuhr83

Why am I having trouble finding info on the 16-44? Is that not the make? I found a 16-38 and a 17-44. I'm not even sure what year yet