RickJ

Attach-a Matic mule drive v-pulley bearing replacement

RickJ

I need to replace the v-pulley pressed in bearing; if I can't, I'll have to replace the entire pulley and new bearing in my mule drive.  Does anyone have a Timkin, SKF or other bearing number for the v-pulley?  I haven't tried to remove the pulley from the shaft yet, so maybe after I do there will be a number on the old bearing?  Any comments or suggestions, or information will be greatly appreciated!

RickJ

"D"- Man

I am not sure if the bearings from a mule drive on an 18 Automatic are the same, but the pulley part # on mine is 101763.  These use a 3/4" {.75"} I.D. x 1-5/8" {1.625"} O.D. x 1/2" {.5"} thick Bearing.  I have replaced mine with a bearing part # 1630-Z which I know is a common size.  P.S. the ones I have were made in China.

squonk

If I remember right, the v is a common one but the flat is an oddball. But I found it on E bay for like 8 bucks.

RickJ

Twin54 and Squonk  - -

Thanks for the info and the dimensions; I haven't pressed the pulleys off yet so I couldn't accurately measure it, but now I have something to go on.  Looks like a pretty common size ... Probably find one at Amazon and save some gas driving to the parts store!  Thanks again!

Snowmobileaddict

This place is great. 

http://shop.phoenix-mfg.com/

You can buy factory direct.  Just take your measurements and go find your idler pulley.

RickJ

Snomobileaddict and tarcoleo -

Thanks for pointing out those sites; both look good and are going to be added to my "source list" ,,,   Thanks again!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• 87 312-8
      By 87 312-8
      looking for mule drive bearings for a 36 inch rear discharge deck 1986/87 312-8, thank you
    • Handy Don
      By Handy Don
      Some time back @jachady posted his project with a Haban flail mower. That’s what inspired me to start my own crazy project. 
      His was already belt-driven but connecting it to the WH took a bit of creativity. I recently scored a Haban 314 or 318 36” flail mower in remarkably good shape (the PO hacked the ID plate though) but it was originally made for a Bolens 1050 with a front PTO. A gearbox turned the rotation. 
      I’ve stripped off the Bolens mount and drive hardware (I’ll post some of the bits for sale here and on the Bolens Forum—the gearbox looks like the one used on some sickle mowers). I am making an adaptor so that with some salvaged parts off a dead single-stage snowblower I can mount it to the front attach-a-magic. I’ll also be adding a pulley coupled to the mower drive sprocket and using the snowblower spring-loaded idler/tensioner on the drive pulley. 
      Now for the kicker. The tractor is stored for the winter at a summer camp hours away so I cannot do any trial fittings for my winter project. I’m trusting the measurements I have but as I get into this I realize I missed a couple things. I’m hoping someone with a 300 or 400 close to hand can take and share some measurements for me and, even better, lives near enuf for me to drop by for some trials! I’m 35 miles north of New York City. 
      Here’s what I need:
      1. The diameter of the outer PTO pulley so that I can properly size the mower pulley. Clearance for this pulley “drives” repositioning the mower’s chain final drive to maintain alignment. The Bolens used a heavy and long universal jointed shaft that there isn’t room to adapt. I’ve scoured the forum and parts manuals but this pulley diameter is never mentioned!
      2. The height from the ground to the center of the attachment’s support bar when it is locked in the attach-a-magic so I can align the mower height. 
      3. The clearance needed between a fully left- or right-turned 8” front wheel with turf tires to an attachment directly in front of the tractor. I want the mower as close as possible but being able to make turns without scrubbing tire is useful!
      I’ve attached a couple of images of the start of the project. More as I progress. 
      Thank you and best regards. 

• Joel
      By Joel
      My dad gave me his c105 with a plow attachment. I have taken the mule gear off to replace the belt, check bearings, and replace fasteners. Although now I cant seem to get the darn thing back on. I know I should've taken pictures b4 tearing into it. I guess I got too excited. If someone could send a pic of how theirs is mounted thatd be great! 
    • Rock farmer
      By Rock farmer
      Are the bearings replaceble  by themselves?
      or do I need to replace the pulley?
       The inner vee pulley has a destroyed bearing.
      can I use a puller to remove the outer idler pulley?
      or will I destroy that one trying to get it off?
      they seem to be pressed on.
      are replacements available?

thanks!

joe

I'm talking about a 1990 312-8 with a 42” deck.
    • Danny856
      By Danny856
      Hey guys, I'm sure the answer is somewhere on this site but for the life of me I can't find it. I have an '89 Wheel Horse 310-8 (210K806) and my mowing deck is 0542MR04. I need the belt that connects the two. The one that goes from the engine/mule drive (?) down to the deck. It kept poppin off. I thought I finally had it set right but then it came off again and I ran over it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Dan.