silversolder429

tiller for C-175

silversolder429

hey guys , listen i have been searching for a tiller for my C-175 for awhile now , and no luck . i live in GA so not much wheel horse stuff here . so my question is what other "belt drive tillers are out there ? what brands ? which will be the easiest fit for my horse ? and what would i need ? this will be until i can find what goes with my C-175 . thank you

boovuc

The only tiller that will fit your C175 are the tillers made to fit the C series, 300, 400 and 500 series Wheelhorse Tractors. Nothing else is going to work without major alterations/modifications unfortunately.

silversolder429

thanks for the response , here in GA the wheel horses are scarce , so finding the tiller is nearly immpossible . does any body know where i can find one ? thanks

Brrly1

When are you headed North?

oldredrider

Craigslist is your friend. Use the search function. Plan on a road trip. Make it a weekend getaway.

My wife and I have gone from North Carolina to Canada to pick up Wheel Horse stuff. Not a single regret.

• Like 1

boovuc

I'm sure somewhere in the "region" there are owners of a WH garden tractor tillers that they may not be using.

If you use Craigslist, search areas around your home for "Wheel Horse" or "Wheelhorse" and keep your eyes out. You could also list that you want to buy a tiller but the caveat to that is the seller knows you really want it and it is harder to find a "deal" on one.

A trip North or better yet, northwest will put you in WheelHorse country. Do Craigslist searches of metropolitan areas in Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana or Missouri. Start close and work your way farther out. Also you could place an add on Redsquare here and see if the seller would want to ship it. There are point to point shippers like Fastenal that are very cheap if you are willing to wait a week or two for pickup at a Fastenal location near you. Just putting a few things out there. 

silversolder429

Thanks for all the replies I have tried craigslist , guess I will have to be patient and expand my search its just hard when u have a new toy and I want to play with it.NOW Lol , thanks again guys

Rock farmer

Try "searchtempest" it may help.

Joe

• Like 1

silversolder429

thanks joe cant beleive ive never heard of searchtempest before boy i just cut my search time in 1/5 ,and have a couple good leads allready , now to see about getting a few days and take aride up north and do some " shopping " think i found amid mount grader blade and plow blade too , thanks again every one for your responses , youve helped out greatly

tbarnhart

I'm with you on the low popularity of wheel horse equipment here in the south. I finally found a tiller on e-bay that could be shipped for a reasonable amount. The mid grader blade I made myself. Sleeve hitch, made that as well. Fabbed up a sprayer. Don't know what I may try next, maybe a pressure washer. :)

• Like 1

silversolder429

okay guys found this tiller for 100.00 , 3 hour drive , does this look like it will attach to my C 175 ? he says he has the mid mount pully too , besides that what else is missing ? and what hitch do i need ? thank youpost-13375-0-18308400-1406219143.jpgpost-13375-0-27298900-1406219249.jpgpost-13375-0-17780200-1406219274.jpegpost-13375-0-92842500-1406219306.jpg

silversolder429

sorry guys this tiller is available for 100/00 about 3 hours from me it does have the mid mount pully , but what else if anything is missing ? and what hitch do i need for this ? im hoping someone can tell me if this will attach to my C 175 by the pics as the guy says he cant see the model # , thanks in advance

Fun Engineer

I'm going to guess that living in Georgia you don't have a snowplow so you're probably going to need the rear axle snowplowRototiller bracket. I can't help identify the particular Rototiller you're looking at, sorry.

Sent from my tractor seat.

gwest_ca

Here is what we have for the 1980-82 tiller for the C-175

1983-85 tiller for C-175

Garry

tbarnhart

That tiller should fit your tractor, but you will need the rear axle bracket for a tiller/snowplow to attach it to the tractor. You will also need the lift cable setup and the rockshaft parts that go under the seat. I don't know if your tractor has any of those parts installed, but the quoted price is good for a tiller and mid idler. I would have some of the parts to hook that up, but I'm not sure I would have everything. It would depend on what is on your tractor. I live 3 hrs. south of you so its too far away to take a look. I'm leaving the country for a few weeks, but if you still need some help in a couple weeks, send me a message. Just remembered that the lift cable setup would be different depending on which transmission you have in that C-175 (8-speed, Sundstrand auto, or Eaton auto) so that info would make a difference as well.

silversolder429

@ tbarnhart , thank you I did go get the tiller , and I will take you up on the offer for you help . I will PM you . Oh yeah my tractor is an 8 speed , also thank you to everyone for your help , knowledge , and responses . I must have this ready by spring to till , so when I bring home another one , it will go over smooth with the wife , I think I found a new hobby , thanks again