KC9KAS

Should I buy it?

KC9KAS

A fellow told me he had a friend that had a WH and wanted to get rid of it.

I call the guy, he drags it out of the barn and this is what it is......Don't know what he wants for it, but I really have no desire to own this.....

20140710_152056_zpseyfnfbfv.jpg

20140710_152048_zpscnznnybu.jpg

20140710_151616_zpsfmcjahvi.jpg

20140710_151645_zps8ktujccr.jpg

speedyleedy

I think you answer your own Question ! Leave it

WH nut

Then why are you asking??

Sparky

Not even a desirable parts machine.

I would pass.

Mike.........

KC9KAS

The guy called me and made me a deal I couldn't refuse!

I will salvage a couple items and scrap the rest....Oh, and I WILL re-coop my $$$$

AMC RULES

Well...    :confusion-shrug:

it's not bad yard art. 

• Like 1

Tankman

Pass. Wouldn't think of an A-Series anything....except perhaps Arlene!   :laughing-rofl:

Been many years but, I often wonder about the letters used for tractor models.

Keep in mind my first tractor was a Farmall, L or M series, 1932! Trivia: '32 was the first year tractors got fitted with rubber tires.

Thinkin' of garden tractors. Does the letter designations mean anything; i.e.: A-, B-, C-, D-, ?

Hey, I'm thinking back 40+ years. I then downsized, bought a riding lawn mower, Craftsman. I owned it for a month, sold after a friend delivered my 1st Horse. Forget the model but remember the little Stallion plowing gardens, mowing lawns, pushin' dirt 'n snow.

I was building prototype machinery. My Horses, under the paint, "became" 316L stainless steel. Made a few RD mowers that looked WH but a magnet wouldn't stick. Great memories, memories that my sons still talk about 40 years later.  :)

SousaKerry

Does the letter designations mean anything; i.e.: A-, B-, C-, D-, ?

Basically

A= either Rear Engine Rider or early vertical shaft POS

B= Later Vertical shaft POS and some "Lighter Duty" horizontal shaft tractors

C= bread and butter Horizontal Shaft garden tractor

D=The big boys what we would call sub-compact tractors today

stevasaurus

If that is the same trans as a B-111...don't scrap it if it is good.  A few members on here lately are dealing with the B-111 trannys.  I could look, but do you know what trans is on this??  :)

• Like 1

jdleach

That may have been me Steve, or a few others. If the B-111 tranny is the Wheel Horse made cast iron version used in the Commando V7, it is worth keeping. I don't know about the A series, but I like the early vertical shaft models because they were, like the big models, all Horse, just shrunk down. Another feature of the early vertical shaft models, were the heavy bent and welded frames versus the later stamp sheet steel frames.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

It is a PEERLESS 648 transmission.

8" rear wheels and 6" front wheels, and transmission are for sale.

slammer302

I got a little wheel horse like that from bowtie guy when I bought a 704 from him he made me take it I didn't really want it but know I have it running and my kids love bashing around the yard with it and there trailer trailer hook to it who would of thought

• Like 1