stevebo

2 Stage Snowblower on a C195 ??

stevebo

Has anyone run a 2 stage 44 inch Toro/Wheel Horse snowblower on a C195? If so, could you tell me if there were any modifications and post a few pics. Thanks in advance!

Operator

I'M IN THE PROCESS RIGHT NOW OF DOING THE SAME THING.  THE "MID-A-TACHAMATIC' IS BACK A FEW INCHES SO I HAD TO CUT BLOWER FRAME TO EXTEND IT. PLUS THE LIFT SHAFT WILL NEED TO BE EXTENDED ALSO.  I'M NOT HOLLERIN BUT MY "SHIFT" WAS LOCKED AND DIDNT WANT TO RETYPE,  sorry......

stevebo

Randy-I would like to see some pics of that mod. 

wallfish

I'm not too familiar with the exact measurements of the C195 but would it be better to move the mid tach a matic forward with a few holes drilled into the frame vs cutting and welding the blower frame? Or, if there's enough room, just add another mid mount location for the blower. That way the blower isn't married to that machine and can still be swapped easily to another one or sold without the tractor.

$0.02

fireman

That's what I would do John. Get an extra mid attach a matic which I'm sure Steve has and mount it where it needs to be. I'd also make an extension for the lift rod instead of lengthening it. This way the blower stays stock and could be used on other machines. Steve I can help you make the modifications!

Operator

OK Guys here is the thing, I couldnt add another Mid Tach to the front of origional, not enough room. I have three of the two stage blowers and never, I said never plan on selling my C-195 [i got it from Rick V.].   I thought the thing out even adding on behind blower frame an extension kind of thing.  What I did was cut blower frame right behind tension spring base and am getting some flat stock iron to fit inside of those two cut pieces, then I can slide it out for C-195 or if needed slide it back in to origional spot for my 520"s.   Extending the push or lift rod isnt to bad of a deal.

Once I get the right size flat stock I'll get a picture Steve. I'm running over the road and my free time is one day a week at home, time is limited.

I also put the reduction steering from a 520 into the C-195 to help with the extra front weight.

Operator

And you can't move the mid-tach because it holds the pto hoop.

stevebo

Thanks randy.

Ken B

Snow blower on a C-195 Steve? Looks like someone is lookin to free up a 520...

stevebo

I may be looking to unload one....