Crow Horse

Seat Spring Upgrade.....

Crow Horse

I finally got all the parts I wanted to incorporate for this upgrade.  I'm not done with it but it's close and is completely functional. I used a flip up seat from a 211-4, replaced the Wheel Horse springs with a pair from a Craftsman tractor (higher spring rate), a pair of silicone caps for spring seats, and a pair of home made extensions to lift the front of the seat bracket higher.  It does sit quite a bit higher than with the stock springs but the combination has really tamed the ride. I also added some memory foam under the seat cover.

I might add a strut to keep the seat in the up position, fab some better front lift brackets and alter some other minor items but it's good to go and I like it.......

Yes, I know I do need to paint the old girl, but she's a worker....

post-1576-0-69891200-1404608231_thumb.jp

post-1576-0-58079800-1404608257_thumb.jp

• Like 2

dennist

Nice combination...

glenn27

That is a good workable seat, now!  I like the results!  Might do something like that to my C-120A when I put the new rear pan on it!

glenn

Crow Horse

With the lift strut (Strong Arm F4673) installed.  I'll probably wip up some backing plates to eliminate any flex of the pan.  It works really well.......

post-1576-0-06717100-1405196586_thumb.jp

post-1576-0-06694800-1405196608_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Tankman

Nice work! Raising the seat is on my to-do list, along with all the stuff on my "Honey-Do" list.   :laughing-rofl:

I passed, then backed up, saw a Jazzi trashed. Seat was gray, looks and is comfy on my 416-8 Horse.

The arm rests were toast, trashed them. Used Duplicolor black, cloth 'n vinyl spray. Came out very well.

Take a peek-a-boo. Seat folds down when not in use, oh well.

I like the covers can be unsnapped removed, along with the foam, for cleaning (I did so for painting). Frame is black, glass reinforced polyethylene, drilled mounting holes. Very sturdy, surprised me. And, free!

Edited by Tankman

tarcoleo

post-1661-0-25125900-1405478876_thumb.jp

For me, the seat has

to be able to dampen out the direct vibrations and bumps

transmitted to the spine. Before changing to the spring arrangement shown

in the attached picture of my two work horses, I had the miseries. Now, with

these reworked JD springs (Ebay) two hours of mowing produce no discomfort.

Edited by tarcoleo
  • Like 1