252H

520H adjustment please help

252H

I took all the bolts off the cam. Now how can i set the arm to the neutral position? I do not know where that position is on the cam plate

312Hydro

Put the bolts back on. You do have the 1" cam bolt correct now. Place your motion control lever in neutral. Now,start the engine and adjust the 1" cam bolt so the wheels stop spinning. Lock it down with the1/2" lock bolt.

252H

Put the bolts back on. You do have the 1" cam bolt correct now. Place your motion control lever in neutral. Now,start the engine and adjust the 1" cam bolt so the wheels stop spinning. Lock it down with the1/2" lock bolt.

I have corrected the neutral issue. Now when i watch the cam and move the lever it goes all the way in both ways, but it seems to be 2-3 mph slower in both directions. When we got it the wheelhorse dealer said they maxed the speed out

312Hydro

Here is your pic-9yrymyba.jpgpost-3300-0-94837400-1404501566.jpgHere is Dennist. Make your cam bolt face the same way and then adjust. I checked my 520H and it faces the same way as Dennist.

Edited by 312Hydro

252H

Here is your pic-9yrymyba.jpgpost-3300-0-94837400-1404501566.jpgHere is Dennist. Make your cam bolt face the same way and then adjust. I checked my 520H and it faces the same way as Dennist.

That nut is very tight. Do i take the bolt off the top, turn it, then put the bolt back in?

312Hydro

That nut is very tight. Do i take the bolt off the top, turn it, then put the bolt back in?

Yes,Remove the 1/2" bolt, rotate the1" cam bolt and then reinstall the 1/2" lock bolt. Adjust for neutral and then tighten the 1/2" lock bolt taking care not to move the 1"cam bolt.

Edited by 312Hydro

252H

I will try that now, thank you for all the help. Will post back

252H

aqu8y3ud.jpg

How is this?

• Like 1

312Hydro

Great! Do the neutral adjustment and you should see a speed increase.

Edited by 312Hydro

252H

Great! Do the neutral adjustment and you should see a speed increase.

I drove it around and its still slower going forward and it creeps going in reverse where it didnt before i just adjusted the bolt

312Hydro

I drove it around and its still slower going forward and it creeps going in reverse where it didnt before i just adjusted the bolt

Did you do the adjustment with the tractor on the jack stands?

Edited by 312Hydro

252H

Yes.

312Hydro

Yes.

Does the cam bolt go all the way to the ends of the cam plate slot when you move the motion control all the way forward and all the way reverse? The tractor does not need to be running to check this.

252H

Does the cam bolt go all the way to the ends of the cam plate slot when you move the motion control all the way forward and all the way reverse? The tractor does not need to be running to check this.

Yes except in forward it goes up until the width of a pencil eraser. Which is very small but noticeable

252H

Yes except in forward it goes up until the width of a pencil eraser. Which is very small but noticeable

312Hydro

Does the motion control lever move as easily as before you took off all the bolts?

252H

Does the motion control lever move as easily as before you took off all the bolts?

It moves easer but i now have squeaking coming from the motion lever by the steering wheel

312Hydro

When the motion lever is in neutral the wheels do not turn?

252H

When the motion lever is in neutral the wheels do not turn?

They do ever since i recently adjusted the bolt with the 2 pics u added

312Hydro

They do ever since i recently adjusted the bolt with the 2 pics u added

You need to place the motion control lever in neutral and then loosen the 1/2" lock bolt. Now adjust the cam bolt with the engine running so the wheels do not turn with the motion lever in neutral. Then ,tighten the 1/2" bolt without moving the 1" cam bolt.

252H

You need to place the motion control lever in neutral and then loosen the 1/2" lock bolt. Now adjust the cam bolt with the engine running so the wheels do not turn with the motion lever in neutral. Then ,tighten the 1/2" bolt without moving the 1" cam bolt.

Will try shortly and reply. Thanks again

252H

Ok i loosened the 1/2 then tightened the cam bolt all the way and the wheels still spin. When i hold the brake for 5 seconds the wheels stop but when i take off the brake they spin. Were only dealing with the 2 big bolts? Putting it in neutral is just holding the brakes or putting the motion lever in the stop mode right?

312Hydro

Ok i loosened the 1/2 then tightened the cam bolt all the way and the wheels still spin. When i hold the brake for 5 seconds the wheels stop but when i take off the brake they spin. Were only dealing with the 2 big bolts? Putting it in neutral is just holding the brakes or putting the motion lever in the stop mode right?

You don't tighten the cam bolt.It is eccentric.You merely turn it a little back and forth until the wheels stop turning. Then you lock it with the 1/2" bolt so you don't lose the adjustment.

252H

You don't tighten the cam bolt.It is eccentric.You merely turn it a little back and forth until the wheels stop turning. Then you lock it with the 1/2" bolt so you don't lose the adjustment.

You mean tighten the non cam bolt? Because the cam bolt is 1/2

312Hydro

You mean tighten the non cam bolt? Because the cam bolt is 1/2

The cam bolt is 1". The cam lock bolt is 1/2".