252H

520H adjustment please help

312Hydro

How's it going?

252H

I tried adjusting the bolts and it still kept going!

312Hydro

With the engine on and the tractor properly blocked and on jack stands, adjust the cam bolt.You will notice that the wheels will go forward or reverse depending on which way you turn the cam bolt.You must turn the cam bolt until the wheels stop moving. Then tighten the bolt on top of the cam bolt to lock the cam bolt.

252H

I did adjust the cam bolt, which one is the cam bolt?

312Hydro

amery6at.jpg

The cam bolt is in the cam plate slot. It has the small lock bolt that you said was loose on top of it.

252H

Yes that is the one i tightened. I tightened it tight and it still was moving both wheels

312Hydro

You must adjust the large bolt first before tightening the small bolt. The small bolt is only there to lock the large bolt wherever you turn it to adjust for neutral.

252H

Is the large one shaped like the star or the one in the middle?

AMC RULES

312Hydro

Is the large one shaped like the star or the one in the middle?

The large cam bolt takes a 1 inch wrench. The lock bolt takes a 1/2 inch wrench. Loosen the 1/2" lock bolt. Adjust the 1" cam bolt so that the wheels stop turning. Then tighten the 1/2" lock bolt.Do not let the 1" bolt move while tightening the 1/2" lock bolt.

Edited by 312Hydro

252H

The large cam bolt takes a 1 inch wrench. The lock bolt takes a 1/2 inch wrench. Loosen the 1/2" lock bolt. Adjust the 1" cam bolt so that the wheels stop turning. Then tighten the 1/2" lock bolt.

Okay! I understand this now! I will try in the morning because its 11:00 and my neighbors will be very unhappy. Thanks for the help i will post back tomorrow morning with my findings!

• Like 1

312Hydro

Can you post the link for that video .Craig? My Firefox doesn't show any pic or video.

Okay! I understand this now! I will try in the morning because its 11:00 and my neighbors will be very unhappy. Thanks for the help i will post back tomorrow morning with my findings!

Your welcome and :WRS: .

• Like 1

cleat

zu7ysa9y.jpg.

That star shaped bolt on top is very loose and when i move the motion control lever the star moves around like partially in a circle

Looks like that piece is upside down. The raised flange should go down into the cam. the flange has an eccentric on it that allows you to fine tune your neutral setting by rotating the large hex then tighten the bolt and you should be good to go.

boovuc

You might be right, Cleat. It does look like there is a lip on the cam plate slot.

AMC RULES

Can you post the link for that video .Craig? My Firefox doesn't show any pic or video.

http://

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lVFv2EVJwc

Edited by AMC RULES

252H

Looks like that piece is upside down. The raised flange should go down into the cam. the flange has an eccentric on it that allows you to fine tune your neutral setting by rotating the large hex then tighten the bolt and you should be good to go.

So which part is upside down and where should it go?

312Hydro

Looks like that piece is upside down. The raised flange should go down into the cam. the flange has an eccentric on it that allows you to fine tune your neutral setting by rotating the large hex then tighten the bolt and you should be good to go.,

So which part is upside down and where should it go?

The cam bolt= The 1" bolt is upside down.

312Hydro

Take the 1/2" bolt out of the 1" cam bolt. Turn the 1" cam bolt upside down and then put the 1/2" lock bolt in. Follow the procedure to adjust and then tighten the 1/2" lock bolt so the 1" cam bolt doesn't move.

Edited by 312Hydro

252H

Take the 1/2" bolt out of the 1" cam bolt. Turn the 1" cam bolt upside down and then put the 1/2" lock bolt in. Follow the procedure to adjust and then tighten the 1/2" lock bolt so the 1" cam bolt doesn't move.

Thank you! I will try this!

252H
2e8ara4u.jpg. This is what i have done so far. Now what do i do?

252H

9yrymyba.jpg

I flipped the 1/2 in bolt. Does this look better? I

252H

I cant figure out how to get the wheels to stop spinning i tightened the nuts

dennist

IMO you have been given great info, but you may benefit by removing your fender and tunnel cover and possibly bottom dash cover if your motion lever is on the steering column. I personally think you are going to have a hard time doing this till you see how it all works and what it all does, then you may better understand how to do the adjustment.

In the pic below, look at the bolt that I have laying on the pump arm.....when you remove the bolts that hold that on the cam plate, you will be able to rotate that arm forward and and backward making the wheels go forward and reverse. You will need to get it to the neutral, then adjust the linkages by putting your motion lever to the exact neutral location and hook up from there.

If you do that with the fender and tunnel cover off you may/may not understand how it all works and next time you may not need to remove fender and tunnel cover. I have to understand how things function "before" I adjust. That may/may not work for you. Good Luck and hope you get this set so you can get back running.

post-3300-0-94837400-1404501566_thumb.jp

• Like 2

252H

IMO you have been given great info, but you may benefit by removing your fender and tunnel cover and possibly bottom dash cover if your motion lever is on the steering column. I personally think you are going to have a hard time doing this till you see how it all works and what it all does, then you may better understand how to do the adjustment.

In the pic below, look at the bolt that I have laying on the pump arm.....when you remove the bolts that hold that on the cam plate, you will be able to rotate that arm forward and and backward making the wheels go forward and reverse. You will need to get it to the neutral, then adjust the linkages by putting your motion lever to the exact neutral location and hook up from there.

If you do that with the fender and tunnel cover off you may/may not understand how it all works and next time you may not need to remove fender and tunnel cover. I have to understand how things function "before" I adjust. That may/may not work for you. Good Luck and hope you get this set so you can get back running.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I cannot remove my tunnel cover because it is welded on :(. I guess i'll have to play with it some more

252H

I got the wheels to stop moving. How do i adjust the speed now? It goes very slow