252H

520H adjustment please help

252H

My 91 520-H has always rolled when off, except when i set the parking brake. Recently i was cleaning my cam plate and something fell off. It appears to be a "flanged spacer" according to the eaton manual. I tried to fix it and now it goes very slow in both directions and the brake hardly works. The cam plate is also very loose. The "flanged spacer" is still out. Please help, NO repair shop within a 100 mile radius is familiar with wheelhorse tractors or 520-H's. Even the toro shops have no idea. It drove fine up until i knocked this part off

amery6at.jpg what it looks like now

9avyre3u.jpg this is what fell out

8uva7epy.jpg this is what the part looks like "flanged spacer"

312Hydro

It fits on the plate under the nylock nut in the bottom left corner of your picture. Flange side up.Drop it in the hole ,replace and tighten the nylock nut.

Edited by 312Hydro

252H

How do i tighten the cam plate because it is loose? When i tighten it, it wont move properly

Looking at the pic of my cam plate where does the flange go? na5amyha.jpg

312Hydro

How do i tighten the cam plate because it is loose? When i tighten it, it wont move properly

Looking at the pic of my cam plate where does the flange go? na5amyha.jpg

Under the locknut in the bottom right of your picture. Sorry, thought that was a nylock. it is not.

252H

So the thing in the far bottom right, it goes under that? On the bottom side

312Hydro

So the thing in the far bottom right, it goes under that? On the bottom side

Yes the nut with the red center in the bottom right. it goes under the nut but the flange is on top of the plate between the nut and cam plate.

252H

Thanks im taking the fender off now will post soon

312Hydro

Thanks im taking the fender off now will post soon

Why take the fender off? Is there a lot of debris under it?

252H

No but wont i have to if i want to fix the slow problem also??

312Hydro

No but wont i have to if i want to fix the slow problem also??

I think you will find that by replacing that flanged bushing it will take out all the play and let the cam plate pivot nicely. Try that first.

252H

I did put the flange in tight. I have to push the motion lever all the way forward to move forward but it flys backwards the brake will NOT. Work. I was going in reverse and it wouldnt stop and i backed into my 252H going top speed :(((

The brake did work before i messed with the cam plate

312Hydro

I did put the flange in tight. I have to push the motion lever all the way forward to move forward but it flys backwards the brake will NOT. Work. I was going in reverse and it wouldnt stop and i backed into my 252H going top speed :(((

The brake did work before i messed with the cam plate

Is the plate still wobbly? There should be a long bushing under the plate where you put the flanged bushing. You can see it in the factory picture you posted.

252H

It is no longer loose. I have that flange that fell out as tight as i can make it with my hands

252H
zu7ysa9y.jpg. That star shaped bolt on top is very loose and when i move the motion control lever the star moves around like partially in a circle

312Hydro

Okay ,that is what I thought.You will need to adjust the motion control  and then tighten that bolt. Give me a minute to look up a link for the instructions to properly do this. You will need to support the rear end on jack stands so that the wheels turn freely  to make this adjustment. Give me a moment.

252H

Thank you!

312Hydro

Here's a link to get you started. post #2 . I'll see if I can find the manual in our forums.

312Hydro

Post number 2 in this link . Farmer sums it up nicely.

252H

Post number 2 in this link . Farmer sums it up nicely.

Thank you for all the help,,,, but i honestly have no clue what im suppose to tighten and disconnect. I have never worked on my 520 except oil changes and i have no idea how to follow through with these instructions

Is there a video online for this? Because i am so confused with all the different bolts and nuts

312Hydro

Thank you for all the help,,,, but i honestly have no clue what im suppose to tighten and disconnect. I have never worked on my 520 except oil changes and i have no idea how to follow through with these instructions

Is there a video online for this? Because i am so confused with all the different bolts and nuts

Still working on the manual. YouTube may be a possibility .

252H

I have the eaton 11 manual if that is what is needed?

312Hydro

Yes that's it.

252H

I looked at it at the moment but the instructions on "neutral" make me very confused with it past the step about lifting the rear end. Im a dummy with tractors sorry

312Hydro

There should be a section in adjustment of the cam bolt. It is the bolt that moves in the slot in the cam plate. You need to adjust the bolt by turning it so that the wheels stop moving in neutral. That is why you need the tractor front wheels blocked and the back rear end on jack stands. You then use 2 wrenches to tighten the lock bolt on top without moving the cam bolt.

Be back in about 45 minutes.

Edited by 312Hydro

252H

Ok will try