Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

New deck test.

Sparky

So I got to test the "new" 42" rear discharge deck today. I dropped the snow-blower off the C-125 auto ( it aint gonna snow again is it?) and installed it after pumping the spindles full of grease. It seems to be allright. Its a little noisey but not as bad as my older 36 rear with bad spindles. Now if I only had some grass to mow she could get a real workout. The blades look like their shot so new ones are in order for it. Also installed 2 new deck wheels as the old ones looked like they had been driven across the country and back. Not bad for $50 and it was only 20 minutes from home.

Mike

nylyon

Send me the pictures, I'll put em up for ya.

Sparky

Well I got the new blades on...what a workout!!. The old ones had been on so long an seen so much action that not only was the cutting part worn away but the things were at least 1/4" shorter than the new ones. It took all my favorite cus words to get the blade nuts loose, almost started thinkin they were welded or somethin. But finally I got em swapped out and regreased the spindles and tried some cuttin.......mmmm...mmm...good! She works awsome and I seem to have a nice level cut as well. Forgot to take some snapshots while it was out and now its back in the shed. I need to get 3 tractors out before the mowin machine can come out so if I remember I'll get some pics next time.

Mike.....with smoooooth grass..