Stigian

Trans RPM question

Stigian

I thought I would post this question here as I see a lot of you puller chaps are running quite high HP engines at high rpm's.

As you will of seen my new project involves stuffing a bike engine with gearbox into a Raider, but I want to run the power into a Wh trans.. I've already located a trans with the bigger axles and 8 pinion diff :D

I know you can safely put 50-ish hp into these trans'sss, but what sort of rpm can the trans handle?

Anglo Traction

Reckon this guy is getting about 30mph out of this one. Just a matter of doing the maths and guessing how long the parts can cope with the loads. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzbHZgrMCEk

Deere Hunter

I use to turn about 8000 RPM with one of the pullers with no issues. That trans received all new bearings and anything showing wear was replaced before i started turning that kind of RPM. I would not try it without inspecting the trans first. If any needle bearings are bad inside it wont take long to self destruct at higher RPM.

Stigian

Thanks Guy's, as it turns out I can't use the Wh trans with this project, Mark (Meadowfield) has done a few calculations for me (Ta Mark) and to get Project "Why Not" to even 35mph would be stupidly high rpm into the WH trans!