Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

416-H pics

kj4kicks

Here is the newest addition. Shown as purchased with the 48" SD mower deck.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1198685492.jpg

kj4kicks

... and after converting it for winter use.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-3-1198685571.jpg

TT

Out of all my tractors, my 416H (1990) is my hardest-working, most-favorite one here. (and the newest too! :D) It is definitely harder on fuel than the '86 312A it replaced, but I don't have to slow down as much while mowing. The hydraulic lift is the ticket for plowing snow and I might try to fab up a direction control foot pedal to make that job even easier.

I'd really like to give it a try on the snowthrower, but I really don't want that much snow!

Yours looks like it was well taken care of, Eldon -- now all I need to do is give mine a long enough break to paint the sheetmetal and get those new stickers on I bought for it months ago!

abd0f70c.jpg

kj4kicks

I confess, I did repaint the running boards, and buff it out before I took the pics. It was well maintained, but lived most of it's life under a carport. The hood has faded to a nice shade of salmon pink. Come spring, it will probably get repainted.

It runs great, but does have a way different "feel" than driving the C-160. Maybe because the 2 ply tires give it a smoother ride, it just doesn't feel as "heavy".

Your 416 looks good Terry, but maybe it needs a twin brother.....

Eldon.

TT

My 416 was abandoned by its last owner at a local small engine shop and sat outside there for about 14 months. He brought it there to have the deck repaired, but never came back. (the deck was beyond repair anyway) I gave the shop owner $250 for it and have maybe another $200 in it, counting the seat, battery, and deck. The whole tractor was about as pink as pink can be from too much sun. The hood was kinked bad at the headlight opening/corner, so I threw one on it from a GT1142 (good old Krylon Cherry Red to the rescue again :D)

I also changed the front rims & tires to 8" so it looked more like a garden tractor.

Here's a picture from last winter when I did have twins. Thats my 1990 416H with her big brother beside her -- a 570 original-hour 1990 520 8 speed. Rumor has it that there was only 225 of these built in 1990 only, but I couldn't take the gear drive for mowing since the hydro has me spoiled. The 520 was sold this past spring and is working hard for its new owner up near Rochester, NY.

31f13aa1.jpg

Rollerman

Nice tractor Eldon...yours too Terry, good to hear you saved it too.

So just curious...looking at the pics...do the 416H's have the direction control lever on the steering column like the later 520H's?

kj4kicks

Yep, sure do. I did get spoiled by that 520 dash with all the gauges, though....

Eldon.

T-Mo

Nice looking tractors, fellas. I like the looks of the newer Wheel Horses, i.e. the 300, 400 and 500 series. They looked just like my '98 314.

kpinnc

I might try to fab up a direction control foot pedal to make that job even easier

Terry, I have never seen it, but have heard these do exist. Can't help you with the part number, but you may be able to find one.

Kevin

TT

WH P/N is 8-3900 (or 83900) They are NLA new and the used ones go for HUGE money on ebay -- if they ever appear there. (like $200 to $300!)

Here's a photo of a NOS kit (from an ebay listing):

601e11f5.jpg

My 416 still has the console-mounted motion control lever and the lift handle comes out of the lower dash panel. I never had a tractor with the column-mounted levers.

0bede77f.jpg

nylyon

Eldon, if you think that it rides nice now, put on a set of the original TurfTrac R/S and it will be even nicer. Very nice 416-H, it's the younger sibling of mine.

nylyon

You're missing your hub caps, gotta pick up a set of them really adds some bling!

kj4kicks

I got the original hubcaps with it. He took them off when it was brand new. The grease fittings are on the outside of the front wheels, and he liked to lube it every time he mowed. Bad news is, the caps got some rust on them from sitting in the shed all these years :D . Oh well.... Maybe I'll polish them up & put them on if I sell it.

He put a new set of Carlisles on it just last year, so they're good for awhile. I don't want it to ride too soft, or else I'll have to get the arm-rests and a cup holder!

Eldon.

Rollerman

Eldon can you flip the front wheels around?

All my horses have the grease zerks on the inside?

Hupcaps or no hubcaos it;s still a nice ride though. :D

Jim_M

I thought I would join the club and add a picture of my 416-H since I had it out today.

416-H.jpg

nylyon

Nice 416 Jim, that one looks a little newer than my 94'.

me.jpg

kj4kicks

Good looking tractors there!

So do you call that a double-ended wood hauler?

Eldon.

T-Mo

Yes, nice looking tractors. I really like that front scooper. :D

Jim_M

I'll have to check the numbers on mine again, but I was thinking it was a 94. It has 324 hours on the clock now, so I'm hoping it will be around a while yet, it's the one I use the most.

The Johnny bucket is one of the handiest things I've ever owned. I got it in a package deal with a couple of tractors a lot of attachments and some parts. I put it on just to see how it worked and found several uses for it right off the bat.

Even though I don't use it a lot, I still wouldn't part with it.

Rollerman

Yep...looks like I need to add a pic of my 1985 416-8 speed with the original K series.

Only a one ended wood hauler though.... :D

I bought it as is & the PO had it repainted & used later model decals...I hope to correct that with Terry in IL sometime.

Although I do like the black decals.

DSCF0003.jpg

Jim_M

Stephen,

Nice looking tractor, but you're missing a cylinder and you put your bucket on backwards! :D

Jim

kpinnc

I like that 416 Stephen. I'm looking at a single cylinder 416 myself.

Nice running boards too.... :D

Kevin