BPjunk

Some ideas for the 17th Annual Wheel Hose Show

cruisnblue48

Hey Bill, thinking about ideas for next year, I recall that during at the Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg, PA every January, they have full size farm tractors doing square dances. Just thinking this would be cool to see Wheel Horse garden tractors doing a square dance routine. Not sure if this would be practical, feasible or doable with a group of eight riders trying it without much if any practice. Basically, you would need eight tractors and riders who not only have some knowledge of how to "square dance" but would also be able to ride out the dance on a tractor, square dance music over the speaker system, and a someone who knows how to call a square dance. Just a thought for something else fun to do... and see at the big show.

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 1

squonk

An pic from a low plane would show how big the show is.

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

A rodeo course for the kids   (18 and under !)  would be a good idea.   Making a number of red cone zone maneuver challenges would a very good idea!  They do it for semi (tractor trailer ) truck drivers so why not for Wheel Horse drivers too!

• Like 1

stevebo

I heard some rumblings of a member looking to set up a few cones in the center and holding a trailer backing up challenge....

• Like 1

nylyon

For next year's video effort, we'll certainly kick it up a notch.  Most importantly, the live feeds are great BUT we need to publish a schedule of events a week or so prior to the show and be ready for the video effort.  This year was awkward for me as what now appears to be a hard disk cable failure put my Macbook out of operation and I used an unfamiliar computer to get the recordings going.  

I really like the idea of the training class, but what I think would be really cool is to follow YOU around Bill as you tour the grounds and work the crowd. You're very active in the show, not shy :) and I think that the "WHCC Wild Bill Tour" would be a nice segment.

• Like 7

rwilson

How about a contest not only back up a wagon, but a 4 wheeled wagon. Maybe get some cones and back it through a little obstacle course.

Edited by rwilson

squonk

With the internet capabilities we now have I need to get a hold of NORAD! I need tracking on the whereabouts of Craig. Just like they do with Santa on Christmas Eve. Maybe put it up on a Jumbotron! :)  He's a hard guy to keep track of and if I had a dollar every time someone asked me "Where's Craig?" I could have bought Steve, Neil and their wives dinner!  :bow-blue:

• Like 3

neil

Maybe by contacting Guinness book of records , it maybe possible to get an entry in the book of records for the largest gathering of garden tractors or something on those lines, wouldn't it be great to add a Guinness world record holder advertised on the WHCC website .

• Like 2

Brrly1

You should try backing up an articulator and a 4 wheel wagon, big fun

• Like 2

jwl

Maybe by contacting Guinness book of records , it maybe possible to get an entry in the book of records for the largest gathering of garden tractors or something on those lines, wouldn't it be great to add a Guinness world record holder advertised on the WHCC website .

Might be hard to get or keep that record, as there is at least one other large group of collector that could take it away fairly easy.

I noticed on the MOM site that the England folks have a nice way of moving the site of the wheel horse show around each yr, so everyone has a chance of being close enough to easily attend.

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

With the internet capabilities we now have I need to get a hold of NORAD! I need tracking on the whereabouts of Craig. Just like they do with Santa on Christmas Eve. Maybe put it up on a Jumbotron! :) He's a hard guy to keep track of and if I had a dollar every time someone asked me "Where's Craig?" I could have bought Steve, Neil and their wives dinner! :bow-blue:

I think we need NORADS help in tracking Stevasaurus also. That man is always on the move.

Sent from my tractor seat using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Vinylguy

For next year's video effort, we'll certainly kick it up a notch.  Most importantly, the live feeds are great BUT we need to publish a schedule of events a week or so prior to the show and be ready for the video effort.  This year was awkward for me as what now appears to be a hard disk cable failure put my Macbook out of operation and I used an unfamiliar computer to get the recordings going.  

I really like the idea of the training class, but what I think would be really cool is to follow YOU around Bill as you tour the grounds and work the crowd. You're very active in the show, not shy :) and I think that the "WHCC Wild Bill Tour" would be a nice segment.

This is a great thread. Some good ideas to ponder over the coming winter. I like the WHCC Wild Bill Show idea. I could make a couple banners that could be mounted on some 

wooden stands that could be positioned so collectors could be interviewed one at a time in front of the portable backdrop during live broadcasts. Also a great way to promote the 

WHCC as well as RedSquare. I am thinking of investing in a camcorder with wifi and a wireless mic. Maybe we can find a software that allows us to by-pass youtube and also archive the live broadcast for playback at any time.

gallery_74_25_51344.png

Edited by VINYLGUY
  • Like 7

neil

I "have this friend" that has a quad remote helicopter that has an HD camera mounted on it that does live feed or recording.

If that seems like a good idea, I can probably arrange that.  I'm not sure if we have ever had an aerial view  :sci-fi-robot:

That would be awesome to have a RC helicam

• Like 1

specialwheelhorse

We look forward to our annual red neck rodeo here in Texas.

Features all brands of lawn tractors and involves water balloons,

Frisbees, jousting and many other events on moving tractors.

Kind of levels the playing field with our friends that think ther is nothing

Like a Z turn unless you have three hands.

We raise much money with many things each year and give scholarships

Each year to maintain our non profit status.

We are showing tractors at our local tractor supply this Sat.

Jim in the lone star state

• Like 1

AMC RULES

With the internet capabilities we now have I need to get a hold of NORAD! I need tracking on the whereabouts of Craig. Just like they do with Santa on Christmas Eve. Maybe put it up on a Jumbotron! :)  He's a hard guy to keep track of and if I had a dollar every time someone asked me "Where's Craig?" I could have bought Steve, Neil and their wives dinner!  :bow-blue:

LOL! I swear...  :hilarious:

to God Mike, you are a nut. 

• Like 1

squonk

I may be a nut but i mean't every word I said.

Wheel-N-It

I may be a nut but i mean't every word I said.

Its true! I had guys asking me where Craig was. Heck I even heard guys asking others where Craig was!

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:omg:    :angry-nono:    :text-tmi:

• Like 1

953 nut

A rodeo course for the kids   (18 and under !)  would be a good idea.   Making a number of red cone zone maneuver challenges would a very good idea!  They do it for semi (tractor trailer ) truck drivers so why not for Wheel Horse drivers too!

:woohoo:  You may want to move the age up to 88 rather than 18, big kids want to play too!  :text-goodpost:

• Like 1

SALTYWRIGHT

I AM 85 AND I WANT TO PLAY.......

• Like 3

55rj35jr

I am going to organize a safety course for our younger tractor drivers, maybe have them bring their Wheel Horse that they are going drive letting them show me what they know about the tractors operation. I could check over their Wheel Horse to also make sure it is in safe operating condition. Possibly an easy test and a wrist band to show they have past.

I liked the engine cackle with the decibel meter but I am still looking for a way to show the world with the web TV just how many people and Wheel Horses attend the Annual Wheel Horse Show and I have figured out a way BUT BUT BUT It will take major involvement. I was thinking of a DRIVE BY in front of the camera, not like the parade but ....... lets say we mount a camera in a stationary spot and we all just drive by the camera one Wheel Horse right after another. The time and number of Wheel Horses would really show the world that this show is big !

At the show this year Neil and I were talking about world records and maybe we should contact the Guiness Book of World records as the Annual Wheel Horse Show is the largest gathering of Wheel Horse tractors and the largest garden tractor show.

Wild Bill

I really like the safety operation course & the wrist band idea for the kids after all they are the future of this great hobby,,,also Bill I liked the idea that you mentioned to me about the drive in movie for Thursday night maybe also play some old WH commercials at intermition with popcorn etc..? for the kids and familys.

• Like 5

stevasaurus

I was thinking it might be nice to set up some sort of obstacle course or over land course in that big empty field on the north/west side of the grounds.  It would take away some of the congestion, and some of the noise of all the horses running around the circle all day.  This is the first year that I saw a few of the younger people getting yelled at for going to fast and darting around.  As this show keeps growing, this might be an option.  It is great to be able to ride around at this show, not many shows let this happen...I would hate to see something happen that ruins it for all of us.  Just a thought.  :)

• Like 3

wh500special

You can invite the Red Cross and have a blood drive...see if we all really DO bleed Wheel Horse red.

Of course with the sun and heat, might have some fainters. :)

Hoping to make the show next year!

• Like 2