nylyon

2014 WHCC Show, great time had by most, especially me.

kj4kicks

It was great to see you again Karl (and all of the other members that I got a chance to see) . Looking forward to more great things in the future!

• Like 1

squonk

I too had several people come up and say how much they enjoyed the forum. I also had a fellow tell me his hospital stay was made somewhat more pleasant my reading the posts between me and Steve going back and forth. Wonder if was the same guy.My RS hat took a beating with the rain but the button with my name on it made it easy to strike up conversations. :)  Great Job Karl!  :thumbs:

• Like 3

neil

Was really nice to meet you and your family Karl they are wonderful kids & I feel very fortunate to spend some time with you .

I hope Megan is feeling much better now .

I am sure you are very proud of your kids & I know Carolyn really enjoyed chatting with Megan because she made a point of saying what a really nice girl she is & to spend some time with her even though she wasn't feeling to good.

Thank you for inviting us into your home ( camper) & the hot dogs were great

Neil

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-thankyouyellow:   Karl, thanks for all you do for us, without you and the other administrators we wouldn't have such a great site. Hope to meet all of our members at the 2015 show.

• Like 2

buckrancher

Thanks Karl for everything you do for this form and I'm glad you made it to the campfire for a while it was good to have you there

Brian

• Like 2

nylyon

Next time I'll get there earlier though

• Like 1

fireman

I too had a great time. As usual got to see the usual crew from Red Square there. Unfortunately I missed the camp fire over in the woods. I really try to keep my tractors clean and spent a lot of time wiping the dust off from cruising around. I have a plan started in my head to make a trailer with a drip rail to tow around as I'm cruising and shopping. I have a nice brand new 60 gallon poly tank and an old tow behind cart that I don't use. Gravity fed it will lay down a nice light mist to stop the dirt dust from flying but not make any mud (that is as long as the WHCC allows me to do it).

• Like 5

cruisnblue48

Karl, I agree with everything you mentioned. I also am proud to be a RedSquare Supporter and Wheel Horse collector. Until three years ago, I had no interest at all in Wheel Horse tractors other than I knew my dad owned one 50 years ago when I was a kid. It was then just three years ago, my uncle found my dad's old 1962 WH and gave it to me for free. I immediately began to disassemble that tractor thus beginning the start of a restoration project. Knowing absolutely nothing about Wheel Horse tractors and their history, I did some internet googling and happened to find RedSquare forum just by luck. Well, three years later and now today, my dad's 1962 WH is finished other than figuring out some carb issues. But, I am now a full fledged RedSquare Supporter and collector of eight Wheel Horse tractors. I brought four of my tractors to the big show this year for the first time and had a great time riding around the grounds as a proud owner of several Wheel Horses!

Being one of the "new kids on the block" so to speak, I am somewhat of a shy person by nature, and would have liked to have personally met each and every RedSquare member who attended the show. Unfortunately, most of us go by a "nickname" other than our real names and I find it difficult, at least for me anyway, to remember names and faces especially when I have no idea who most of the people at the show are if they do not have some kind of "nickname" identification on them. Seems like I "know" a lot about RedSquare forum members by their posts that I read on the forum. But that doesn't always help me without a real name or face to associate with a forum nickname. I would have liked to have met Sparky and fellow York Countian ekennell, for example. Anyone whom I asked who or where Sparky was had no idea if he was there or not. I have learned that Ed (ekennell) through the 2014 show pictures thread was set up not to far from my tent, however I did not know what Ed looked like or that he was even near me throughout the show. I also would have liked to have seen fireman Jeff again to show him the RJ-35 that I recently purchased from him as I had it all painted up real nice. Anyway, all in all, I had just a great time at the show and am looking forward to next year.

Edited by cruisnblue48
  • Like 3

Ken B

My son Cole and myself had a fantastic time even though we got a little wet and it seemed as though the time really flew by this yr. Most of the ride home we talked about what tractors we'd like to fix up and bring to the show for next yr. which was a good thing because if I slept a total of two hrs. since we pulled in on Thursday I'd be real lucky.

I know that I learned at least a few things... Well, for one know one recognizes me without my hat on. And two, them 6.0 Ford diesel's can get it done! Karl was towing at least 13,000 pounds and his truck pulled that huge and I mean HUGE camper up them Penn. mountains like it wasn't even there! Pretty impressive I must say...

• Like 2

meadowfield

Looked and sounds like you all had an awesome time, I'm gonna work on the missus and see if shes up for a trip to NYC via PA next year :D

• Like 2

Sparky

Being one of the "new kids on the block" so to speak, I am somewhat of a shy person by nature, and would have liked to have personally met each and every RedSquare member who attended the show. Unfortunately, most of us go by a "nickname" other than our real names and I find it difficult, at least for me anyway, to remember names and faces especially when I have no idea who most of the people at the show are if they do not have some kind of "nickname" identification on them. Seems like I "know" a lot about RedSquare forum members by their posts that I read on the forum. But that doesn't always help me without a real name or face to associate with a forum nickname. I would have liked to have met Sparky and fellow York Countian ekennell, for example. Anyone whom I asked who or where Sparky was had no idea if he was there or not. I have learned that Ed (ekennell) through the 2014 show pictures thread was set up not to far from my tent, however I did not know what Ed looked like or that he was even near me throughout the show. I also would have liked to have seen fireman Jeff again to show him the RJ-35 that I recently purchased from him as I had it all painted up real nice. Anyway, all in all, I had just a great time at the show and am looking forward to next year.

I was there from Friday morning till the last raffle ticket was drawn....I wish we met! I did wear a Redsquare button with my "nickname" on it on my shirt both days that Vinyl guy (Terry) was making at last years show.

Next year I'll make it a point to find ya :handgestures-thumbupright:  !

post-2-0-51962600-1403558055_thumb.jpg

Mike..........

• Like 1

buckrancher

I know that I learned at least a few things... Well, for one know one recognizes me without my hat on. ..

I did just took a second :ychain:

Edited by buckrancher

HorseFixer

Karl,

We had a great time and it was good meeting you! :thumbs:  I agree, I too was blown away with the people who have never heard of REDSQUARE. I don't know how to fix that but I am sure guys will help come up with something. :dunno:   One thing I did realize tho, I need a bigger trailer! :)

~Duke :wh:

• Like 1

squonk

Karl,

We had a great time and it was good meeting you! :thumbs:  I agree, I too was blown away with the people who have never heard of REDSQUARE. I don't know how to fix that but I am sure guys will help come up with something. :dunno:   One thing I did realize tho, I need a bigger trailer! :)

~Duke 

Don't bring so many "Cakes" and you'll have more room!  :)  :ychain:  Does that make SINCE?  :)  :)

Ken B

One of my most fun moments was watching Stevebo from a distance buying out half the table at one of the vendors that just arrived Sat. morning... He was so absorbed in the deal that I snuck up right behind him and plucked a beauty of a K90 out of his trailer that he JUST purchased and hid it across the aisle, my brother and myself were giggling the whole time... When he finally finished his deal and turned around and saw his beauty of a K90 missing, well, the look of astonishment on his face was priceless! If I only had a video camera!

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Looked and sounds like you all had an awesome time, I'm gonna work on the missus and see if shes up for a trip to NYC via PA next year :D

Hey Mark...  :) 

maybe you and Neil can carpool together to the big :wh: show next year.

• Like 1

stevebo

Not funny :hide:

stevasaurus

I learned that...What Squonk says always makes since.  :)  I got to talk to at least 3 people about joining Red Square...2 at the show and 1 while gassing up on the trip to the show.  :)

• Like 1

DOC in Kentucky

I had the pleasure of being at the first show that had a Banner with the Redsquare name on it. I am guessing 2007 or 2008. Maybe we had 10-12 members at that show that year. We had the banner hung from Eldon's bucket loader right across from the food building. We all signed the banner and sent it to Karl or Chris, I am not sure. I think Redsquare has come a long way since that show and mostly in a very positive way. I am still very proud to be a part of it. It makes me feel good to know that I am not the only Wheel Horse collector and others share in my passion and addition!!!

• Like 5

squonk

I learned that...What Squonk says always makes since.  :)  I got to talk to at least 3 people about joining Red Square...2 at the show and 1 while gassing up on the trip to the show.  :)

Since when has sense been spelled since. :eusa-think:  Maybe since the last shipment of Rock n Rye showed up. I think maybe since that last show. :)  Does that make sense? :confusion-scratchheadblue: I sense that since the last show, I started making sense since June 2013  :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Suburban 550

I had the pleasure of being at the first show that had a Banner with the Redsquare name on it. I am guessing 2007 or 2008. Maybe we had 10-12 members at that show that year. We had the banner hung from Eldon's bucket loader right across from the food building. We all signed the banner and sent it to Karl or Chris, I am not sure. I think Redsquare has come a long way since that show and mostly in a very positive way. I am still very proud to be a part of it. It makes me feel good to know that I am not the only Wheel Horse collector and others share in my passion and addition!!!

I remember that well,Doc. We had that massive tent of Eldons and handed out cards promoting Redsquare. I believe the banner we all signed went to Karl. Thank You Karl for all you've done for Redsquare and it was a pleasure talking with you at the show. Hope to see all of you at next years campfire.

• Like 1

nylyon

Yes, the banner went to me.  I believe that Stevebo has it at the moment, he goes to a lot more shows than I.

• Like 1

Brrly1

I spent last weekend telling people as well, just like this weekend telling and explaing how to get to Red Square. There's stiil alot of people who don't even know we exist. Karl, the pleasure was mine I am glad I was able to assist. Hope to be there next year. Maybe have the GT tri-cycle painted by then but I've been threatning with that for quite a while now.

• Like 1